Georgia-Atlanta

Weightloss Tips...Help!

Help! I am a bridesmaid in a wedding over labor day weekend and I need some tips! I am trying to eat right and I run when I can... I am thinking about ordering Insnanity or P90 but not sure if it's worth the money..My friend just lost 45 punds for her wedding (in 2 1/2 months!) from Fitness Works Atlanta (fitnessworksatlanta.com) but it's meant mainly for brides and their bridesmaids...Any advice? Thanks!

Re: Weightloss Tips...Help!

• edited December 2011
    Have you thought of Weight Watchers? That's what i'm doing. Also drinking more water and cutting out tea and sodas really helps.
  • edited December 2011
    Drink more water - cut down on carbs - smaller meals - nix processed foods - opt for healthy snacks - exercise more :)

Have lost 16 lbs in three weeks doing the above and feel great.

P.S. We don't have a gym membership or anything fancy.  We have Kinect for the XBox and alternate Fitness Evolved with walking our dogs every other day.
  • Emily52513Emily52513 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I just started Weight Watchers and have lost 6 1/2 pounds in 3 weeks. Haven't been hungry at all - it's just watching what you eat. I joined on line for 3 months for like $50. Very easy! Good luck!
  • edited December 2011
    I did that too Emily! It is so easy to stick too! I've lost 11 pounds in six weeks!
  • em01092em01092 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am also on WW. I've lost 7.2 pounds in 5 weeks. Nothing crazy, but slow and steady, which is healthier anyway. I also hired a PT, but only meet with her once a week. I try to work out 3-4 days/week, including a session with her. 
    April Siggy Challenge-Wedding Escape: Reading HG/dreaming about Peeta.... Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker Bio-Updated 4/22**
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_georgia-atlanta_weightloss-tipshelp?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:58Discussion:2ad003f1-5938-4d70-94c2-2ff160e0ba39Post:ad6f67e4-ed50-4695-818d-3e0ddedb54a1">Re: Weightloss Tips...Help!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I am also on WW. I've lost 7.2 pounds in 5 weeks. Nothing crazy, but slow and steady, which is healthier anyway. I also hired a PT, but only meet with her once a week. I try to work out 3-4 days/week, including a session with her. 
    Posted by em01092[/QUOTE]

That's awesome! Yeah I like it's coming off slowly, healthier that way! I work in Atlanta, so i've been walking a lot going to lunch and stuff and eating healthier lunches!
  • em01092em01092 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_georgia-atlanta_weightloss-tipshelp?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:58Discussion:2ad003f1-5938-4d70-94c2-2ff160e0ba39Post:43cf8dcc-1ab3-465d-b519-dde25b355b21">Re: Weightloss Tips...Help!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Weightloss Tips...Help! : That's awesome! Yeah I like it's coming off slowly, healthier that way! I work in Atlanta, so i've been walking a lot going to lunch and stuff and eating healthier lunches!
    Posted by mari0225[/QUOTE]

<div>Thank you, my e-ring twin! Haha </div><div>
    </div><div>I work at Quiktrip, so the taquitos, hot dogs, and AMAZING donuts are tempting, but I get one of the little turkey sandwiches every single day, along with 3 deluxe Junior Mints for something sweet so I don't feel deprived! Overall a 13 point meal, but worth it for me! </div>
    April Siggy Challenge-Wedding Escape: Reading HG/dreaming about Peeta.... Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker Bio-Updated 4/22**
  • em01092em01092 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    OP, also don't lose too much after you get your dress, unless you want to pay for (more?) alterations! Try to be at your goal by that time, and then just work on maintaining up until the date. When are you getting your dress?
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_georgia-atlanta_weightloss-tipshelp?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:58Discussion:2ad003f1-5938-4d70-94c2-2ff160e0ba39Post:38d0bc08-181a-43de-a4a9-b10e4fe5d825">Re: Weightloss Tips...Help!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Weightloss Tips...Help! : Thank you, my e-ring twin! Haha  I work at Quiktrip, so the taquitos, hot dogs, and AMAZING donuts are tempting, but I get one of the little turkey sandwiches every single day, along with 3 deluxe Junior Mints for something sweet so I don't feel deprived! Overall a 13 point meal, but worth it for me! 
    Posted by em01092[/QUOTE]

You're welcome! Yeah I still go to my favorite pizza place it's 8 points but soooo very good!
  • edited December 2011
    Interval training is a great way to burn fat and slim down. You can do bike- fast 30 seconds, cool down 30 sec and do that for as long as you can...or if you are a runner- run 3 minutes, sprint 1.5 min, walk 30 sec then do it all over again.  Great way to keep your heart rate strong, sweat and burn off those extra lbs and it makes it so you arent bored. But just remember 80% of weight loss is your diet.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards