Wedding Hair, Makeup, & Beauty Forums
Options

Should I do a practice hairstyle and when?

I currently live in WA but am flying back to WI to get married. I plan on going to my old hairstylist there to have her do my wedding hair but I am really debating on whether or not to do a practice run first or just go in the day of and have it done. I have sent her pictures of what I want and she knows my hair well as she cut it for 4 years before I moved. I have, according to her and every other stylist I've ever gone to, the thickest hair they have ever seen! It's just that the bridal package they have includes practice style and day of style but it's like $190! I really don't want to shell out that much money for it. 

Another problem is that if I do a practice style with her, when do I do it? I am flying back 3 months before the wedding to pick out flowers, do last minute church stuff, etc and then will be back in July for a few days before the wedding. Do I go 3 months before in hopes that she can remember what she did or do I go in 3 days before the wedding and have her do it?

Re: Should I do a practice hairstyle and when?

• Options
    if you trust your stylist and the style isn't super complicated, you probably don't need a trial run. however, it is included in your bridal package (although $190 is a lot for a trial and day of--I'm looking at $100 total for mine). how much would it be to do your hair the day of WITHOUT the trial run? as far as when, that time period 3 months beforehand seems like a perfect time for a trial--as long as you maintain your haircut during the time between the trial and the day of.

Glenna Harding Photography
  • Options
    I am a hairstylist, PLEASE do a trial!!!  It makes the day so much easier, just sit and relax for a bit while your hair is being done for the big day.  I suggest 6 weeks prior to your wedding date for trials, that way we can schedule trims or color appointments to accomodate the style.
  • Options
    Yeah, I would do it when you come back for last minute details and not 3 days before your wedding because I'm sure you're going to have other things to stress over.  My stylist who has been cutting my hair for over 3 years told me to see her 1 to 2 weeks before for a trial and a haircut so that she can cut my hair the best way to fit the style that I'm going to have the day of.
    image "Always love. Don't wail til the finish line."-Nada Surf
  • Options
    I'd do the trial when you're back a few months prior to the wedding. It will leave you with SO much less stress on the day of, and it will stress your stylist out less as well. My stylist makes trials mandatory (included in updo price) so she knows you're gonna get what you want.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards