Christian Weddings
Options

So this weekend we.....

actually did alot of nothing! 

We went to a barbecue.  Hung out at the mall!   I had planned on this being a wedding free weekend, but of course that didn't happen - lol!  He bought my wedding band - big check.  We completed the assembly of our wedding invitations.

Sunday -we went to his father's church, where his mother snuck a few more people on our ever growing guest list!

And today is the last bbq of the 3 day weekend!  That was it for us!  What did everyone else do?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: So this weekend we.....

• Options
    edited December 2011
    We moved a lot of my stuff into our apartment. (FI is currently living there but will move out when I move in.) We attended graduation, almost finished Banjo-Kazooie, went to church, and went to a wedding. Today we're moving more of me in, organising, etc., and then having a birthday dinner with a friend (for said friend).

We really haven't done wedding stuff in quite a while. Too busy with school. My mum got our invitations printed up and has been steadily mailing them out to those of our friends who are going away for the summer, so all we've really done is gathered addresses and made sure she knows who on our invitation list is, in fact, going away for the summer.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    i went to san francisco with a bridesmaid and went on a BEAUTIFUL hike on the ridge that overlooked the entire bay area.  it was amazing girls - and it got my butt in shape ;-)

i spent the rest of the weekend relaxing and cleaning up my apartment.  time to get serious about wedding planning though - my 4 month mark is this week!
    Photobucket
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Mom and I did a lot of DIY.  I most enjoyed going out shopping with her today.  We went to a Pier 1 store, which we haven't stepped foot into in over 10 years.  We spend hours just looking at everything.  My mother got me a special set of glass measuring spoons that I died over.  She's so sweet!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Went to a Rockies game (we beat the Dodgers--take that, Manny!), a local baseball club game, and went hiking.  Those are basically the highlights!  It ended up being wedding-free, aside from going with my mom to get her dress altered.  I think we're getting too close, though, to be having those sorts of weekends (38 days)!  It's gonna be all-wedding, all the time from here on out! 
  • Options
    felkelsfelkels member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We traveled 2200 miles for a job interview for FI as a pastoral intern in Wyoming (we live in Oregon).  While on the road, our invitations were fedexed to catch up with us, and while we were in Wyoming, I was printing, cutting and assembling all of the inserts, and addressing all of the RSVP envelopes.  the day after I got home, I started working (graveyard 10 hour shifts with an extra daytime 2 hour shift that day), and didn't get more than 2 hours of sleep today because we had to finish the invitations before 1:00 to get them to a special postoffice for a special wedding postmark.  Then we relaxed!  We took a nice hike to a waterfall, and went out to dinner.  Came home, slept for two hours, and oops...all of a sudden, time for work again.  I got here 15 minutes late. Thank God that my friday has arrived!  Sunday is truly a day of rest for me this week!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards