Pennsylvania

Dueling Pianos in July

This is my first official Knot post, so here it goes. I have been engaged for a whole 19 days now, and am getting married July 21st, 2012! We have a venue already, and are now thinking about entertainment. We want to be different and not have a DJ like most weddings we've been to. We have seen dueling piano shows a couple of times before and both think it would be amazing to have them at our reception!

We've done a lot of research and read tons of reviews and have found a very highly rated group, but they won't come to the tri-state area unless they have a gig scheduled for friday or sunday. I can't hold it against them, I'm sure it's not cheap to travel out here for one show. Anyone interested in having dueling pianos at their reception on 7/20 or 7/22?... Or know where to go to find someone who might be interested?
thanks!

Re: Dueling Pianos in July

• lls31lls31 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited March 2012
    I don't have any input on where to find someone to do this, but I wanted to comment because I think this is such a cool and unique idea!

Congrats on your engagement!
    21811_10151174643987291_1046283999_n_zpsddfa358c Anniversary BabyFruit Ticker
  • I'm not sure you will find someone who needs this on these boards, although it's a very cool idea, but you may also want to post this on Craigslist? Or weddingwire or weddingbee. I'd branch out as much as possible on this question, it gives you a better chance of finding someone that would want to use them.

Congratulations on your engagement... and we're date twins!! If I didn't already have my plans for that weekend set, and if our rehearsal wasn't on Thursday instead of Friday, I would at least consider it. It is a very cool and unique idea.

I also just thought of this, but do they do club shows? Maybe you can get their name out to some of the local clubs and bars? They may be willing to host them. Sometimes, at least in Valley bars, it's hard to book bands in the summer because they are all from the Jersey shore and play there. It's worth a shot!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards