Canada-Ontario

Bridal Shower Gifts?

Hi - 

My girl friends have been asking what to get me for my Bridal Shower (I'm the first of everyone to get married) and none of us have a clue.

What are typical bridal shower gifts?
Am I suppose to register so people know I want such gifts?

Re: Bridal Shower Gifts?

• Technically, you don't have to have a registry, but it is nice to have so that people have an idea of what you want/need, e.g. kitchenware, linens, etc.  The bridal shower is to shower the bride with gifts to help her out in her home with items she'll need to furnish it.  A registry is a good way to assist people and give them a guide as to what you want and does prevent getting gifts you may not like. 

If perhaps you've been living with your FI for awhile and already have items, this is a good opportunity to upgrade items or get items you've always wanted but couldn't afford.  In this case, a small registry is fine and this will fulfill people who just always buy gifts but will also tell people that a monetary gift is just as good.

The registry info should be supplied with the bridal shower invite and not with the wedding invite.  So whomever is throwing you the shower should provide the info or word of mouth through you mom, FMIL or the bridal party.  Hope this info helps.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards