Illinois-Chicago

Dress woes..

Booked George Street and Toast & Jam this week!! Super excited, but having major dress anxiety. Can't bring myself to start dress shopping.. Anyone else having this problem??
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Dress woes..

• edited December 2011
    <--- this girl.  I just can't get excited about it.  I am going dress shopping a weel from tomorrow and I just have this "eh" kinda attitude about it...
  • edited December 2011
    i had and am having major dress shopping issues too!!!! i took me a month after taking a bridesmaids dress shopping (my two out of town maids were in town the same weekend) to even a call a gress shop for myself...then after the first two times shopping i completly shut down...i love to shop so i thought it was going to be the easiest part of the wedding process for me...but, i am having issues with what others want to see me in and what i feel comfortable in as well as spending so much money on a dress that i am only going to wear once for a few hours.

so you are not alone!!!
  • MrsPapsMrsPaps member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I felt like that too and especially at some shops, it did not go away but once I knew the style I wanted, it got a lot better! Plus certain shops are better and more friendlier than others.
    I actually found my dress through a picture of a real bride in a similar style and we went on the hunt for it. Turns out my dress was half the price of the dress in the pic I found and it was like nothing I tried on before but I feel in love and didn't want to take it off once I had it on. That is how I knew it was my dress.
  • peeweea213peeweea213 member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    I'm going next weekend and I have a lot of butterflies in my stomach! :-) 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards