New Jersey

How much did you spend on flowers?

For those of you who don't mind sharing, can you tell me about how much you spent on flowers and roughly what you got for that price? I have no idea what flowers will cost and what to have a budget in mind when I meet with florists. TIA!

Re: How much did you spend on flowers?

• Mine was under $2,000 for maybe ten tables of low centerpieces (I prefer low because you can see people), five bridesmaids and five groomsmen, all the parents and grandparents, and ceremony flowers including bouquet for the Blessed Mother and a tossing bouquet. I got quoted by someone else for over $4,000 but I wasn't willing to spend that much.
  • kristen8040kristen8040 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited January 2012
    Keep in mind not just the amount of flowers you get, but the types can greatly affect the price.
    We spent about $1600 for:
    Bride bouquet - roses and hydrangeas
    8 BM bouquets - white daisies
    10 bouts - white roses
    2 corsages
    13 low centerpieces - white mums, mini carnations, carnations
    throw away bouquet
    6 aisle flowers
    Blessed mother flowers

ETA: Sometimes it costs less to buy your vases from a wholesale distributer.  We got ours from G&G in Saddle Brook, and it was less to buy them than to rent them
    Photobucket BabyFruit Ticker imageimage
  • gina613gina613 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited January 2012
    I'm going off of my quote but mine is $45 per low centerpiece of hydrangeas, and rental of fishbowl vase. Bows for church pews were $10 each. Then the bouquets for me, 4 bridesmaids, one FG, 2 mom corsages, 3 g-mom corsages, 8 bouttenieres was about $650, I forget exactly. Bouquet would consist of orange dahlias, roses, tulips, and hypericum berries. So overall it was about $1300. HTH & GL!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Around $700 total

20 low centerpieces (gerbera daisies and small filler flowers and greenery)
    roses/orchids bouquet for me
    gerbera daisy bouquets for two bridesmaids
    two rose boutonnieres for MH (his and a spare) 
    gerbera daisy boutonnieres for two groomsmen
    four orchid corsages/bouts for family
    four carnations corsages/bouts for readers
    church already had Easter flowers so we ordered nothing for the church

This was from AW Flowers in Kearny. I asked if he could do about $25 per centerpiece (thinking I'd be laughed out of the shop) and he said no problem. If he said no my plan was to inquire at Stop n' Shop or Shop Rite.
  • LissyM83LissyM83 member
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Comment
    edited January 2012
    Flowers are costing $6,000... we're getting...

1 Bridal Bouquet  - roses with stephanotis & bling
    2 MOH Bouquets - roses with hydrangea & bling
    5 BM Bouquets - smaller version of the MOH but no bling
    1 Jr. BM Bouquet - small version of the MOH but with bling
    2 FG baskets - roses & hydrangea
    1 Groom Bout - rose with stephanotis
    2 BM Bout - rose to match MOH
    6 GM Bout - different color rose to match BM
    1 RB Bout - spray roses with stephanotis
    1 MOB  corsage - roses with bling
    1 MOG corsage - roses with bling
    1FOB - bout
    1 FOG - bout
    1 GM of B corsage - roses
    2 GM of G corsage - roses
    2 Corsages for Godmothers - spray roses
    2 Bouts for Godfathers - roses
    2 corsages for the readers - spray roses

Church 
    2 arrangements on altar
    10 ribbons with flower clusters which will alternate rows
    The rest of the church will have bows on the pews (alternating rows)

Reception (guest minimum is 220)
    Place card table - Alternating glass vases with submerged flowers & floating candles
    10 high centerpieces w/ candelabra - roses, hydrangea & dendrobium orchids
    10 low centerpieces - roses, hydrangea & dendrobium orchids
    Flowers for cake

Blessed mother flowers, throwaway bouquet, bathrooms, cocktail stations & serving trays are all complimentary. 

and I think that's it...although I'm probably missing things

September 2012 Siggy Challenge: Favorite Thing about October-Yankees Playoffs! image
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • My quotes was 1350-1500 depending on the availability of the flowers at the time.

My bouquet- ivory roses, baby pray roses (pink), mini calla lillies, star gazer lillies, and crystals- 65-70
    Toss bouquet- mini of that, Free
    1 MOH- smaller version of mine, but with daisies like the girls added  45-50
    5 Bridesmaids- Gerber daisies and star gazer lillies in shades of pink 45-50
    grooms boutteniere - ivory rose with pink spray, 10
    5 groomsmen- ivory and pink anemones, 10
    1 father bout- ivory rose, 10
    2 grandfathers- pink lilly or anemonies, 10
    2 mother wristlets- 1: shades of pink and purples anemones, 1: pink rose 15-20
    3 grandmother corsages- 1 star gazer lilly, 1 rose, 1 anemoes 15-20
    2 flower girls, 1:  mini of the bridesmaids, 1: basket with mini gerber daisies 25, 15
    20 low centerpieces, gerber daisies, star gazer lilies, green spider mums, 40
    He is also throwing in candles for all the tables

To make the centerpieces tall, I add 20.  I didn't need flowers for the church bc i'm getting married in a ceremony (no blessed mary offering) and 2 weeks after Easter so the church is full of flowers (usually lillies)
    How I unwind? The FI and I watch old TV shows Photobucket 187image 124image 48image 15image RSVP Date March 31 Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Spending $1100 on 1 bride's bouquet, 1 MOH bouquet, 3 Bm bouquets, a toss away, 9 bouts, 4 corsages, a flower ball for FG and 15 low centerpieces.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • As you can see, the amounts vary GREATLY.
    It totally depends on what type of flowers you want and what season it is/whether or not they are in season. Some flowers cost more in general, some cost more at certain times of the year.

What I did was decide what kind of flowers I wanted and then checked with people on TK who had similar flowers or the same flowers, and found out how much they spent.

I paid $600 and we had:
    Bride's bouquet - all red roses with crystal scatter
    4 BM bouquets - all red roses
    MOB wristlet - small white roses
    MOG wristlet - small white roses
    Flower girl bouquet - tiny bouquet of white roses
    Groom's Boutienerre - white rose
    4 BM bout's + 2 dads - total 6 bouts - red rose
    Free toss bouquet
    Free delivery to house & church

When I got the quote, the florist gave me a breakdown of how much she was charging for each item (with a range, for example $60 to $70 for this bouquet, etc)
    Then, we added it all up and it was a little over what we wanted to spend. We told her we wanted to keep it at $600 and she said no problem. We made some changes along the way but nothing that affected the price.

I have no idea how much she would've charged for centerpieces. I didn't need to purchase any because my venue supplied them.

I used Apple Blossom Florist in Scotch Plains. She gave me the best price out of the 3 florists I visited, and completely understood my vision, etc. She is also super nice and easy to work with.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-jersey_much-did-spend-flowers?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:90Discussion:a6b83ed9-0732-4ce9-b276-3b5d76eac604Post:ac7c8baf-2531-4269-92c1-07805450166e">Re: How much did you spend on flowers?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Flowers are costing $6,000... we're getting... 1 Bridal Bouquet  - roses with stephanotis & bling 2 MOH Bouquets - roses with hydrangea & bling 5 BM Bouquets - smaller version of the MOH but no bling 1 Jr. BM Bouquet - small version of the MOH but with bling 2 FG baskets - roses & hydrangea 1 Groom Bout - rose with stephanotis 2 BM Bout - rose to match MOH 6 GM Bout - different color rose to match BM 1 RB Bout - spray roses with stephanotis 1 MOB  corsage - roses with bling 1 MOG corsage - roses with bling 1 GM of B corsage - roses 2 GM of G corsage - roses 2 Corsages for Godmothers - spray roses 2 Bouts for Godfathers - roses 2 corsages for the readers - spray roses Church  2 arrangements on alter 10 ribbons with flower clusters which will alternate rows The rest of the church will have bows on the pews (alternating rows) Reception (guest minimum is 220) Place card table - Alternating glass vases with submerged flowers & floating candles 10 high centerpieces w/ candelabra - roses, hydrangea & dendrobium orchids 10 low centerpieces - roses, hydrangea & dendrobium orchids Flowers for cake Blessed mother flowers, throwaway bouquet, bathrooms, cocktail stations & serving trays are all complimentary.  and I think that's it...although I'm probably missing things
    Posted by LissyM83[/QUOTE]

I'm just curious, do you know the breakdowns of how much everything is costing? Because to me, it sounds like you are overpaying by quite a bit, especially considering I had all roses, and it sounds like most of your bouquets are roses with some steph (doesn't affect the price because I was going to originally use steph also and then decided against it)., plus some hydrangea for the flower girls, which shouldn't be much because they would be smaller for flower girls. 

I didn't have as many people that needed flowers as you do, but even if you doubled my $600, that would be $1200 for the bouquets, bouts, etc. If you are paying much more than that, I think you are being overcharged.

How much for the church stuff? At $100 per arrangement (and I would think they would be much less than that), plus another let's say $100 for the ribbons and bows, that puts you at $1500, plus centerpieces.

You said you have 20 centerpieces, plus the place card table. Even if those are $100 each, that's still under $4k.....and what florist are you using?
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-jersey_much-did-spend-flowers?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:90Discussion:a6b83ed9-0732-4ce9-b276-3b5d76eac604Post:77884ed9-9ed8-402f-9966-17c37fac00aa">Re: How much did you spend on flowers?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: How much did you spend on flowers? : I'm just curious, do you know the breakdowns of how much everything is costing? Because to me, it sounds like you are overpaying by quite a bit, especially considering I had all roses, and it sounds like most of your bouquets are roses with some steph (doesn't affect the price because I was going to originally use steph also and then decided against it)., plus some hydrangea for the flower girls, which shouldn't be much because they would be smaller for flower girls.  I didn't have as many people that needed flowers as you do, but even if you doubled my $600, that would be $1200 for the bouquets, bouts, etc. If you are paying much more than that, I think you are being overcharged. How much for the church stuff? At $100 per arrangement (and I would think they would be much less than that), plus another let's say $100 for the ribbons and bows, that puts you at $1500, plus centerpieces. You said you have 20 centerpieces, plus the place card table. Even if those are $100 each, that's still under $4k.....and what florist are you using?
    Posted by cindyn9178[/QUOTE]

<div>Keep in mind that her centerpiece flowers are very expensive and with 20 tables, that's a lot.</div>
    Photobucket BabyFruit Ticker imageimage
  • We paid around $3400??

I got:

my bouq
    5 bm bouq
    8 bouts

13 high centerpieces (including birds of paradise which I know are expensive)
     rental of stands
    2 alter pieces
    2 deliveries
  • LissyM83LissyM83 member
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Comment
    edited January 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-jersey_much-did-spend-flowers?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:90Discussion:a6b83ed9-0732-4ce9-b276-3b5d76eac604Post:77884ed9-9ed8-402f-9966-17c37fac00aa">Re: How much did you spend on flowers?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: How much did you spend on flowers? : I'm just curious, do you know the breakdowns of how much everything is costing? Because to me, it sounds like you are overpaying by quite a bit, especially considering I had all roses, and it sounds like most of your bouquets are roses with some steph (doesn't affect the price because I was going to originally use steph also and then decided against it)., plus some hydrangea for the flower girls, which shouldn't be much because they would be smaller for flower girls.  I didn't have as many people that needed flowers as you do, but even if you doubled my $600, that would be $1200 for the bouquets, bouts, etc. If you are paying much more than that, I think you are being overcharged. How much for the church stuff? At $100 per arrangement (and I would think they would be much less than that), plus another let's say $100 for the ribbons and bows, that puts you at $1500, plus centerpieces. You said you have 20 centerpieces, plus the place card table. Even if those are $100 each, that's still under $4k.....and what florist are you using?
    Posted by cindyn9178[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div>Our florist is in Westchester... Our budget for flowers was actually higher than most & this place came under. Actually we looked at 5 different florists & this was the cheapest. I know our high CP's are $250 a piece & our low is $150 - both are very full & large in size.</div>
    September 2012 Siggy Challenge: Favorite Thing about October-Yankees Playoffs! image
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited January 2012
    Right now it is quoted @ $2100 but we may make/add changes..

My bouquet is $175.  I explained over the top.  I think she got my drift.
    My MOHs bouquet is $75, the rest of my 4 girls are $60 (I think..).  They bridesmaids will have just blush colored roses. 

1 grooms bout
    1 best man
    5 groomsmen
    2 fathers bouts
    2 mothers corsages
    1 grandmother
    2 "alter pieces", we're not marrying in a Church or anything but want them
    (those will be moved to the card table)
    9 high centepieces
    9 low centerpieces
    NO greenery in anything
    Mostly in season flowers but some are not.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We used AW flowers and Adam was amazing!!!!  I had my bridal bouquet (with tons of bling), 5 BM bouquets, 8 bouts, 3 mother/grandmother flowers, 2 very large alter arrangements, flowers on the 1st two pews, 1 silk flower ball for flower girl ( 2 ys old silk recommended) 16 high centerpieces all for under $2200. Our flowers with cala lilies, orchids, regular lillies, and roses with limited greenery. Brides to be at our wedding thought we must have spent $400+ per centerpiece- I highly recommed AW!!!!

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-jersey_much-did-spend-flowers?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:90Discussion:a6b83ed9-0732-4ce9-b276-3b5d76eac604Post:d4d11f5d-e38e-4d9e-b02d-b8010bccaee0">Re: How much did you spend on flowers?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: How much did you spend on flowers? : Our florist is in Westchester... Our budget for flowers was actually higher than most & this place came under. Actually we looked at 5 different florists & this was the cheapest. I know our high CP's are $250 a piece & our low is $150 - both are very full & large in size.
    Posted by LissyM83[/QUOTE]

Do you have a pic of what your high center pieces look like?
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-jersey_much-did-spend-flowers?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:90Discussion:a6b83ed9-0732-4ce9-b276-3b5d76eac604Post:94499d2e-b0b9-489f-9951-807a92803f3d">Re: How much did you spend on flowers?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: How much did you spend on flowers? : Do you have a pic of what your high center pieces look like?
    Posted by mariasemail86[/QUOTE]

<div>I do but it's on my computer at home & I'm at my fiance's for the weekend.</div>
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I gave the florist a budget -- $2500 before taxes -- & said I want

my bouquet
    2 bouquets for my attendants
    3 mother's coursages
    3 boutineers
    20 centerpeices
    & some church flowers. 

All I cared about were that they were red & the boutineers were not carnations.  Other that that I told her to pick what was in season & make it elegant.  She asked me my favorite flowers & I told her (there were a few srpinkled in there but not too many b/c they were expensive)

If you want to specifiy the type of flower & micro manage everything that will increase the price. 
  • We were first quoted $8,000!!!! We worked with our florist and are now down to a little more than half that. We'll have 14 tables with 2-3 arrangements on each table. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards