Getting in Shape

Where the fat goes & where it comes from (sorta rant)

Ok seriously!
I need new pants for work. All the ones hanging in the closet are a solid two inches bigger than my waist. I've been belting them up, but they're getting ridiculously baggy in the crotch. My hips are finally starting to whittle down too, but my thighs, still not budging. Which makes me a size 12 waist, 14 hip & 16 thigh.
And now I need new bras. Because I didn't want my boobs to shrink, they did. Plus I'm starting to lose around my ribs (this I'm ok with). I keep hearing that eventually my body will get proportionate again. I really just hope it's not when I someday get to my goal weight. Gr!
So every time I see someone wanting to make one part of their body smaller, I think to myself, "Yeah me too, honey, but it just ain't happening."
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Where the fat goes & where it comes from (sorta rant)

• Tailoring is something I'm considering, esp since my inseam is (and always will be) right between regular & petite sizes also. At least that's a frustration I'm accustomed to dealing with :P
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I read somewhere (get reference, huh?) that we first lose fat from the last place we gained it. Meaning, if I recently gained 5 lbs, and it was all in the hips, I'll lose those 5 lbs in the hips first. I know this is true for me. :)
  • I found the new clothes purchases too much for my wallet as well, especially since I plan on losing more weight in the future. But I seriously needed to take in the waist on close to 10 pairs of pants/jeans and the bust on shirts just to have decent-looking pieces I could wear in the meantime. I used Yelp to find a good tailor in my area (there were a few just within 5-10 mins or so.) It does take some initiative to go in for an hour on a Saturday with gigantic bags of clothes and let them mark it all up on you, but at 10-20 bucks a pop, 'tis way more cost-effective than entirely new stuff.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I basically held on as long as I could with buying new clothes. It was BAD if I didn't wear a belt I wouldn't be wearing pants lol. I tried to buy things like skirts/dresses which would still look good if I lost a little more weigh & pants when I was at my goal size.
    Photobucket
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards