South Carolina-Charleston

Thoughts on Sand Dunes Club

Has anybody attended a wedding at the Sand Dunes Club? We were thinking of having the wedding there, but now I'm having second thoughts.  I'm not sure how I feel about the pool and playground being right outside the ballroom.  We also want to have an outside wedding, but not on the beach.

Re: Thoughts on Sand Dunes Club

• edited December 2011
    I went to check it out when I was looking at venues. I was totally turned off by the pool in the back. They were setting up for a wedding the day I went, and they set up the ceremony in the front of the building. It wasn't bad, it looked nice, but again, there's no real privacy. There were TONS of people swimming in the pool, so parking was hectic. I can only imagine trying to park the rest of the guests there in addition to whomever is swimming that day. People seemed to have no regard for the wedding being set up at all, nor did anyone seem ready to leave. I can sympathize with them somewhat, because I am sure if they frequent the club, they are tired of people having weddings every weekend, but at the same time, the two just don't mix.
    LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • Purple&7Purple&7 member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thank you so much! Everything you said is exactly what I'm worried about.

When you say that they were setting up in the front of the building, are you talking about the grass area on the side?
  • edited December 2011
  • Purple&7Purple&7 member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks again for your help! Smile
  • edited December 2011
    We looked into having ours there, but our date was booked.  Love the location can't go wrong from all the reviews i've seen.  Good luck!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards