North Carolina-Outer Banks

Selling & Swaping Wedding Decor--Master List--

I know that a lot of us have promised this or that to different people and I know for myself, I can't keep track of who is getting what, so I thought we could use this thread as a "Master List"

My wedding is Sept 16, 2011 and I will have the following:

140+ white pencil starfish
Teal & Orange paper lanterns---the orange are promised out, but can't recall who?
Various seashells
Glass Cylinders
Clear strand lights
My sanity--but I think I lost that a loooooong time ago :)
Glass votive holders

If I think of anything else, I will add it later. 

Again, my apologies for not remembering who said they wanted what :(

Re: Selling & Swaping Wedding Decor--Master List--

• mparwulskimparwulski member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My wedding is 8/14/11.  This is what I have.  You can see pics in the link in my signature below.  Please check the website for updated info:

50 cobalt blue glass 8" salad plates
    52 cobalt blue glass water goblets
    20pc flatware sets for 4 people (15 sets)
    126 gold beaded edge charger plates (in sets of 6) 42 LEFT
    7 blue & aqua glass bottles and metal shell oranments
    matte gold/ivory card box
    6 120" round white tablecloths
    2 90" round white tablecloths
    5 120" round baby blue tablecloths
    48 17" baby blue napkins
    50 baby blue satin chair sashes
    6 baby blue organza table runners
    Starfish/seashell ring bearer pillow
    6 apothecary candy jars 5 ARE SOLD, LG ONE LEFT
    3 round candy table risers SOLD
    3 aluminum scoops and 3 plastic tongs SOLD
    14" round silver cake riser
    4 8" hurricane vases
    5 4"x4" square vases
    3 glass candle holders
    4 2.8"x6" white unscented pillar candles
    4 4"x6" ivory frames
    2 5" blue metal pails with flower cutouts
    4" aqua and white metal favor pails
    4 5" metal buckets
    4 bags of assorted seashells
    72 large 5-6" white pencil starfish SOLD
    2 6" lion's paw shells
    12x10x4 narrow weave palm tote bags
    Flip flop basket with assorted blue and patterned flip flops
    2 blue hydrangea and ivory rose flower girl headpieces with blue and ivory ribbons
  • OBX2011OBX2011 member
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    Anyone??  Anyone??

• llilleyllilley member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Does any one want to share these: http://raleigh.craigslist.org/for/2517559171.html

I would totally go in on these with some one.  $200 isn't in our budget for beach decor though.

My wedding isn't until next summer so I don't know how much stuff I should be buying right now.  BUT, I will be interested in table linens, string lights, table cloths, star fish, sand dollars, and sea shells. 

I'm collecting a TON of wine bottles that I'll be using in my centerpieces as candle holders and vases and looking to sale/give away after our wedding.  I'm also collecting thrift store china that I'll probably try to sale after our wedding too.  And I just bought 150 water goblets off of craigslist for pretty cheap that I'd want to re-sale.
  • jlbeuckejlbeucke member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    @ OBX, Do you have pics of your glass cylindars?  Or a description?

I can tell you @OBX, I'll need cylinders, seashells, clear lights, and starfish
    and
    @Mpar, I LOVE your weave bag, I'd like to know how many you'll have.  I also am interested in your blue napkins and linens, although I wont know until about your wedding date what size linens I will need.

Although, I will happily defer to someone with a closer wedding if they will resell to me.
  • tcigaltcigal member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm arriving Sept 18th (hopefully meeting up with OBX) and the wedding is Sept 23rd.

@OBX, we discussed the lights, and I'd pass them on to jlbeucke somehow.  Still on for that?
    I also may want your cylindars, seashells and starfish that I'd pass on to Jlbeucke, since she's mentioned those with you before.  Pictures?   Jlbeaucke, are you up for that?  :-)

GREAT idea for the master list.

I will also have short 3" square vases for anyone who wants them afterwards (using them in groups of 4 as 1/2 of our centerpieces).
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • mparwulskimparwulski member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_north-carolina-outer-banks_selling-swaping-wedding-decor-master-list?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:598Discussion:3709ffb7-cea9-4893-aec0-b0d593502334Post:b4dc2e83-de3d-4480-906b-8937fa7f3a3d">Re: Selling & Swaping Wedding Decor--Master List--</a>:
    [QUOTE]@ OBX, Do you have pics of your glass cylindars?  Or a description? I can tell you @OBX, I'll need cylinders, seashells, clear lights, and starfish and @Mpar, I LOVE your weave bag, I'd like to know how many you'll have.  I also am interested in your blue napkins and linens, although I wont know until about your wedding date what size linens I will need. Although, I will happily defer to someone with a closer wedding if they will resell to me.
    Posted by jlbeucke[/QUOTE]

I may have all of the blue linens sold to a girl in Syracuse.  We'll see.  I'll let you know about the bags, and where you can order more if you like.
  • OBX2011OBX2011 member
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_north-carolina-outer-banks_selling-swaping-wedding-decor-master-list?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:598Discussion:3709ffb7-cea9-4893-aec0-b0d593502334Post:b28d24b3-d233-4bde-bd06-0aa55717997d">Re: Selling & Swaping Wedding Decor--Master List--</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm arriving Sept 18th (hopefully meeting up with OBX) and the wedding is Sept 23rd. @OBX, we discussed the lights, and I'd pass them on to jlbeucke somehow.  Still on for that? I also may want your cylindars, seashells and starfish that I'd pass on to Jlbeucke, since she's mentioned those with you before.  Pictures?   Jlbeaucke, are you up for that?  :-) GREAT idea for the master list. I will also have short 3" square vases for anyone who wants them afterwards (using them in groups of 4 as 1/2 of our centerpieces).
    Posted by tcigal@gmail.com[/QUOTE]

Yes, I can get you the lights and more than happy to pass along the cylinders, shells and starfish (which Mpar shipped to me from CO....she is awesome!!).  I mainly have the white pencil starfish but I will also have some of the sugar ones, the typical tannish ones you see. I am writing myself a post-it-note right NOW to take pics tonight :)  My mom (boderboo) has the cylinders at home and she is going to measure them tonight....neither of us can remember the sizes right now.

MARIA---do you happen to have a pic of the starfish on hand?  If not, that's ok :)

I just love how all of us are swapping & sharing out decor....I hope this will continue with future brides to come!  :)

• edited December 2011
    Getting married 9-17-11. Everything is up for grabs after that :)

180 sets flatware
    200 20x20 white napkins (I'm guessing 50ish will be unopened)
    3ft cake/cupcake tower (Wilton brand)
    8- 9"x3" glass cylinders
    3-4 bolts of tulle
    5 metal lanterns (about 8" tall, with stars cut out of the top)

Theres a lot more random glassware, vases, candle holders etc. We're storing it at my mom's house since out apartment if kind of small. 
    Also, whatever is left over out of 100 pairs of green, yellow, black or white flip flops. All from Old Navy.

• OBX2011OBX2011 member
    edited December 2011
    Christy----Our wedding is 1 day apart from one another and I believe Flippo is on the 18th!!! :)  Ohhh, I'm 9/16/11 btw

• edited December 2011
    OBX- We're getting close! I wish we were a few days apart so we could share some decorations, but I think that'd be waaaaay too stressfull the morning of!

Side note-  We also have 20 120" white round table linens that will be up for grabs after Sept 17.  And 1 90" for a sweetheart table. 
    We also have 6 pieces of bamboo that are about 10ft each.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards