Honeymoon Discussions

excursions from secrets maroma

Where can we find information on excursions? We know that once we reach the hotel there will be tour info, but we would like to find some options now so we arent stuck with a million things to decide from when we get there

We know we want to go to some caves and maybe do cave snorkeling

Ride horses with Rancho Baxxal

go to chichen itza

and some shopping

what other things can  we do? We do not want to do any scube diving, deep sea fishing, parasailing, or zip lining

Re: excursions from secrets maroma

• edited February 2013
    Google cancun tours or cancun excursions.

I just booked one of  our excursions through http://www.mycancuntours.com/

Tulum Express

and the other two through http://www.cancun-discounts.com/

Puerto Morelos snorkeling tour and Coba Mayan Village tour

Chichen Itza is amazing by the way. We did that last time.

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_honeymoon_excursions-from-secrets-maroma?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:11Discussion:c9f5845e-75f8-49c7-ab77-3ff8f80bf283Post:8f6d78f9-9d56-4dd8-b349-1a6a5158c3c8">excursions from secrets maroma</a>:
    [QUOTE]Where can we find information on excursions? We know that once we reach the hotel there will be tour info, but we would like to find some options now so we arent stuck with a million things to decide from when we get there We know we want to go to some caves and maybe do cave snorkeling Ride horses with Rancho Baxxal go to chichen itza and some shopping what other things can  we do? We do not want to do any scube diving, deep sea fishing, parasailing, or zip lining
    Posted by gnc0988[/QUOTE]
    Check out Xel-Ha and XCaret. Both are really great and seem like they would be up your alley. When I was going to the Riviera Maya I checked out the Trip Advisor forums in that area and top attractions.

• alltournative.com  excellent.  i enjoyed the cenote/coba trip and the sian kaan trip from them.

xcaret is great for all day. xel-ha is better for h alf day, imo, paired with tulum ruins.  there's also xplor which is more of an adventure park.

can you access the list of the excursions that your resort offers before you go? most will provide you iwht the list they offer if you email them and ask.

have you perused tripadvisor to see what attractions there are? cancun and playa del carmen both have some more upscale shopping if that's what youre looking for. they also have more local stuff. you'll have to go about 40 minutes to either for food or shopping from secrets;

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_honeymoon_excursions-from-secrets-maroma?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:11Discussion:c9f5845e-75f8-49c7-ab77-3ff8f80bf283Post:88e48100-e6dd-4bbc-b745-2123e1b8baf5">Re: excursions from secrets maroma</a>:
    [QUOTE]alltournative.com  excellent.  i enjoyed the cenote/coba trip and the sian kaan trip from them. xcaret is great for all day. xel-ha is better for h alf day, imo, paired with tulum ruins.  there's also xplor which is more of an adventure park. can you access the list of the excursions that your resort offers before you go? most will provide you iwht the list they offer if you email them and ask. have you perused tripadvisor to see what attractions there are? cancun and playa del carmen both have some more upscale shopping if that's what youre looking for. they also have more local stuff. you'll have to go about 40 minutes to either for food or shopping from secrets;
    Posted by alithebride[/QUOTE]

I did email the resort for some info on excursions.

Ive been to mexico a lot, but never to any resort towns. I like shopping in the neighborhood markets so thats more what im looking for. No upscale shopping for me, i dont really want to shop for stuff I can buy at home ya know?

Ive spent most of my time in mexico in San Miguel and Oaxaca (before the drug lords took over) and even though there were a lot of americans, it felt more authentic than what I assume an AI resort and shopping town may feel.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards