Texas-Austin

how can a pastor tell if....

so, i was stuck between two churches trying to figure out which one i wanted to get married at. one being our church home and another i just thought was beautiful (is that bad?) well our church home is going to cost us $500 and you have to take a premarital class (which we have already signed up for) to get married at and the other church you had to be a member and pay $700 for the chapel and $200 for the reception and the pastor wouldnt marry you if you were living together. so my question is how can they tell? do they check your drivers license or something? my FI and I have already decided to stay at our church since it only makes sense (and is cheaper) and they know our status but i was just curious! thanks

Re: how can a pastor tell if....

• irishdanceririshdancer member
    First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    My pastor wouldn't marry us if we were living together or having "pre-marital relations."  We had to agree to stop.  Which we did.There is no way for the pastor to know you are lying. They are going to trust you at your word.  And if you believe that what he is asking is really the right thing to do, then you will do it because you can't lie to yourself or to God.Now, if you don't believe there is anything wrong with living together or having relations before you are married, then you definitely need to find another pastor to marry you.  It's not fair to either party to be lying about it.
  • edited December 2011
    I didn't even think about this being an issue! I was kinda wondering how personal the marriage counseling thing gets. I don't think it's bad to choose a church based on aesthetics. As much as we love our home church, the 70's retro look just wasn't gonna work for me. :)
  • CourtneyJ2010CourtneyJ2010 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

I think this is hilarious, I can't wear a strapless gown but all our priest said about premarital relations is that he feels your relationship can grow better without it and we should take that into consideration lol.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards