Wedding Woes

new season of 16 and pregnant started.

has anyone watched this?

i know i am late to realize this, but i think i need to stop watching this show. MTV really does exploit these kids.

Re: new season of 16 and pregnant started.

• i feel like this is "Stuff Lower Class People Do."
  • WzzWzz member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    what is - watch 16 and pregnant, or go on the show?
  • not watching -- being.

• I really tried to watch, but I can't do it.

• WzzWzz member
    it wouldn't be so bad if these were adults. but then, what is entertaining about watching unmarried adults have babies? nothing. the fact that these are just kids, age 16 or so, makes it hard to watch anymore. i'm still interested in their stories, but it just seems like the kids are being taken advantage of by the network. i feel all soapboxy about it lately. this new season seems jacked up.

maybe it's because i get older and these kids stay the same age. true story.
  • I will say the cheerleading girl wearing her uniform was a hot mess.

• WzzWzz member
    edited March 2012
    the one with the rodeo boyfriend with exposed nipples even though he was wearing a shirt? apparently yesterday was nipple day. i watched the episode last night after work and i must have had nipples on the brain from being here.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_wedding-woes_new-season-of-16-and-pregnant-started?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:47Discussion:751cb91b-9a23-4a8f-b390-51696674b983Post:8febebcc-e87f-4a47-a877-e7e6272fab45">Re: new season of 16 and pregnant started.</a>:
    [QUOTE]it wouldn't be so bad if these were adults. but then, what is entertaining about watching unmarried adults have babies? nothing. the fact that these are just kids, age 16 or so, makes it hard to watch anymore. i'm still interested in their stories, but <strong>it just seems like the kids are being taken advantage of by the network</strong>. i feel all soapboxy about it lately. this new season seems jacked up. maybe it's because i get older and these kids stay the same age. true story.
    Posted by Wzz[/QUOTE]

While I do feel this statement is true, ALL of these participants are thinking "JACKPOT" when they're applying to be on the show.  But then that goes back to hmo's theory.

We haven't seen a Farrah or Maci since, well, Farrah and Maci.
  • WzzWzz member
    i wonder if MTV made it possible for the couple who bought a barn to live in to buy that barn.

oprah money, indeed.
  • I did feel bad for the mining dude. She wanted him to come home and talk, and he was all about the sleep.
  • i wonder how many of these kids' moms were also 16 and pregnant?  i feel like it's a little like poverty, in that it is difficult to get out if that's what  you've grown up with.
  • H, you do make a good point. I notice that rich girls get knocked up 
    too, but their parents push abortions more or they put them on the pill early.

• WzzWzz member
    i am watching that one right now.

they are 16. "we know each other for a long time, since we're 13."

ok.

she also wants to get an apartment because she wants to set up a baby room. nevermind that they have no money. also, she said that she doesn't want to take advantage of his parents by staying living there, because they have nothing to give in return. why can't they pay rent to his parents if she thinks they can afford rent in a new place? that girl makes no sense.

i liked how the friends were all, "we used to party all the time. party party party."

what do 15/16 year olds know about partying?
  • Zilla, a party is some weed and some sexing. They know all about that.
  • WzzWzz member
    guess i did 16 all wrong, what with all that homework, movies, and home by 9pm.
  • A lot of the people on 16 & PG were the result of someone else being 16 & PG. It is a self-perpetuating cycle.
  • [QUOTE]H, you do make a good point. I notice that rich girls get knocked up  too, but their parents push abortions more or they put them on the pill early.
    Posted by NOLABridesmaid[/QUOTE]

yes.  because it reinforces the (rich person, i guess) idea that being young and pregnant is Not A Good Idea.  rich people also explain the baby as grandma's surprise child and then is raised as the younger sibling of mom.
  • btw, i cannot imagine what i would do if i was 16 and pregnant because it is Just Not Done. 

i think i probably would have done anything to get an abortion (i would have had the money because i had a job at that time).  the issue would be getting a ride because i didn't drive.

i know carrying it to term would not have been an option, not if i wanted to continue to live -- either in my parents' house or at all. 

i should bring this up with my parents now, just because.  even though i am married, have a child and a job and don't live anywhere near them, i still think they would silent treatment me for a month just for asking this.
  • Yes, you should do that. I would love to see their faces at the mere thought. Hee

I think that rich parents understand also how much it's going to change their future. Plus, it reflects bad on them.

I'm sure poor parents have the same thoughts but it isn't as much as a stigma as it once was.
  • WzzWzz member
    no. i would never have been 16 and pregnant, either.

in defense of the kid on the episode i watched last night, she was from OK. i'm wondering if being a pregnant teen is as frowned upon as it is un in these yankee states.

as flamable as this will be, i never would have had a baby at 16, and i would never encourage my 16 year old to have a baby. no. sorry, people.
  • edited March 2012
    Girl, having sex wasn't even on my radar. I remember telling one guy, "Dude, it ain't going to happen." "Don't even waste your energy trying."
  • Hee.  I think I read somewhere that making a purity pledge led to a higher incidence of teen pregnancy or lack of contraception on that person's part.

I can say this is true for me.  My 15 y.o. sexually active self was too ashamed to take care of my own sexual health.  But not too ashamed to do the dead.  NO sense.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards