Louisiana-New Orleans

Roosevelt Hotel vs Board of Trade

They are very different venues, but I'm between Board of Trade and Roosevelt Hotel for both ceremony & reception.  Wedding will be in December for ~200 people.  I like the Blue Room at the Roosevelt and it's a beautiful hotel with a wow factor.  Worried about the food (one of our top items) and the ceremony spot is a meeting room that would require some decoration to be what I want.  We weren't able to see BOT because of Super Bowl party set up, but love the pictures I'm seeing online and the ceremony & reception sites seem to be both nice.  Worried about the weather for ceremony at BOT and I'm an OOT bride who hasn't been able to see the space.  Thoughts?

Re: Roosevelt Hotel vs Board of Trade

• If your wedding is in December, go with the Roosevelt. They have amazingly beautiful Christmas decorations that people come from all around to see. So pretty that they used the lobby in the last Twilight movie lol.
  • It will take a LOT more to dress up the BOT than the Blue Room.  I wouldn't even really consider the BOT to be in the same league as the Blue Room.  Granted the ceremony in the courtyard sounds nicer than in a hotel meeting room but I guess you could find a different ceremony space and still have the beautiful Blue Room for your reception.
  • Thanks guys!  Has anyone ever had the food at the Roosevelt?  I'm worried about it looking really pretty presentation wise, but not being as good taste wise.  Thoughts?  I feel like I've heard a lot of good things about Pigeon Caterers but have not been able to find anything on Roosvelt Hotel food.  Thanks!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards