Honeymoon Discussions
Options

Honeymoon Suggestions? Private, quiet, all-inclusive

I've had my heart set on this place in Belize for years now: 
http://www.cocoplumcay.com/

But the problem is that our wedding is June 15, 2013 and the rain season in Belize is May - December. So, we'd probably be waiting until either February or April of 2014 to go on our honeymoon!

Does anyone have any suggestions for a similar place that would have good weather in June/July (Bahamas, Caribbean, etc.)? Needs to be all-inclusive (at least food), quiet, preferably adults-only. We don't need much, just a beach and a cocktail! Thanks :)

Re: Honeymoon Suggestions? Private, quiet, all-inclusive

• Options
    Jamaica has some nice all-inclusive resorts.  Couples is adults only.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    Look at the Aura Cozumel. It's a boutique hotel by Wyndam. It's not quite what the hotel you listed is, but it only has 87 rooms which is quite small compared to some of the other AIs out there. It's adults only, AI, private beach, pool waiters, etc. It was really very nice and quiet. Also being on the west side of an island you get beautiful sunsets. 
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    we are going to the royal carribiean(sp sorry)Jamaica sandals resorts. I am so excited to just relax it also has this great stay at one play at all so I can vist the other resorts. BUT thats me and me and my fiancee just want to lay out by the beach and do snorkling and get drunk. You need to do what you want and if you will regret not going to belize then you should just wait. or promise to do it for you one year anniverasry or something.
  • Options
    LOLthat's the rainy season for the caribbean at that time so really anywhere you go there will have the same. it's also hurricane season from june 1 to nov 30.

but if it were me i'd still go then. just because it's the 'rainy season' doesn't mean that it will rain all the time. generally it's only in the afternoon for a short time. on the opposite side of that i've been in riviera maya in mid december (not rainy season) and it poured the whole week. it's the tropics. it rains. thats why many places are jungly and lush :)

id still go then if you ahve your heart set on it.

• Options
    Check out Sandals Royal Plantation.  It is not like a typical Sandals AT ALL.  It is very quiet and intimate- no big pool or buffet.  You are definitely very spoiled there. 
    Went to celebrate my husband's birthday last summer and loved it!  We wanted some place quieter than a big all inclusive and our travel agent swore that we would we love it, and we did!  (If you are looking for a TA, PM me, I can pass her info along.  We went back and forth on a couple other small resorts in Jamaica (The Caves) with her and she was really insightful.)

Good luck!
  • Options
    We went to Cocos Hotel in Antigua at the end of June/early July for our HM and it fits your description. We were there 8 days and had 2 days where it rained for 35 seconds, so not bad.
    June 16, 2012
  • Options
    Couples Negril is where we are going.. all inclusive and adults only.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    We just got back from Palace Resorts in Isla Mujeres, Mexico and it was AWESOME. Isla Mujeres is a small island off the coast of Cancun where the main mode of transport is golf cart. The resort only has 60 rooms, and since summer is their off season, there were only 5-10 other couples there the entire time. We got personalized service, and practically a beach to ourselves every day. It was super relaxing and low-key. Also, since it was Mexico, it was SO much cheaper than going somewhere else in the Caribbean, but it was so secluded, you would never know it was Mexico.
  • Options
    I think (emphasis on THINK) that Bermuda is outside of the Hurricane zone in the Caribbean and generally misses the rain.

It's probably more expensive than Belize, BUT there will be more to do on the Island. Belize is a beautiful country but there isn't much to do outside of tourist areas.
  • Options
    My HM was June 23-30 in Riviera Maya Mexico. We stayed at El Dorado Royale Casitas (the casitas part makes all the difference). It is adults only AI. Casitas guests had 7 pools with swim-up bars, exclusive access to the beach beds with palapa roofs on the casitas side, private butlers, private beach butlers (seriously, not only did they bring us drinks, they brought us picnics, books/magazines, coconut ice cream.. whatever). 

The casitas themselves are in two-story blocks of 15 rooms (so 30 total) and there are 7 blocks of casitas. Really, we never had to mingle with people if we didn't want to. Every dinner was fantastic (7 + restaurants). Each casita has a balcony with queen size lounging bed, outdoor shower, two person jacuzzi, and a huge king size bed. Flights to cancun are also generally cheap. 

Re: weather, we had one day where it stormed at night. The daytime heating of the ocean produced storms/brief showers 3/7 nights we were there, but it never rained during the day during our stay. 
  • Options
    Zoetry Agua P*unta Cana, Dominican Republic is close to what you described.

http://www.zoetryresorts.com/agua/?gclid=CMm40a25urECFcqe7Qoda0oAKA
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    We are staying at Galley Bay Resort, Antigua for our HM in a month and a half! While obviously we haven't been yet, it sounds exactly like what you're describing. It's AI (including drinks), quiet, and small. We wanted something really laid-back, which is why we chose it. We're staying in one of the cottages that is super private (and includes a private dipping pool.) I'll definitely post reviews after our trip.

Also, as PP's mentioned, it will still be hurricane season in the Caribbean during the time that you're traveling, but just be sure to buy the travel insurance.
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards