Wedding Woes
Options

Black or White--limos, that is...

Hey knotties,

I was just curious to see what different brides have chosen.  Here are the perspectives in my family:

Groom: Read on theplunge.com (theknot for men, very cute if you haven't seen it) that white limos are "corny."  Wants black limos but doesn't care enough to make a change either way.

Me: After the whole mess I've gone through over these cars, I don't care. I'm not even riding in it...it's just for the bridal party and family.  I sorta agree with mom, though...but it's really not that big of a deal. 

MOB: Black limos remind her of funerals.  Has all-out refused to ride in a black one.  Also picky about shade of white because pearl is just not acceptable.  Seems to care the most out of all involved. 

MOG: not involved, but surely would support her son.

Planner: Also thinks black is tacky--reminds him of prom or pimps.  Says that there is no contrast when a bride stands in front of a white limo if she is wearing white.  I do not plan on taking pictures with it, though, since we're also getting a classic car for myself and the groom.

What do you think??  I'll go with the groom's choice, but I don't think I'll tell my mom until the day before because I don't want to deal with it.  Small details that I care very little to address have become huge and stressful issues for my wedding.  Any support you can offer (ammo for MOB) would be helpful.

Thanks!

Re: Black or White--limos, that is...

• Options
    TheDuckisTheDuckis member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Holy crap you are all putting waaaaaay too much thought into this. The limo company we went with only had black, so we went with that. Done and done.
  • Options
    mrsconn23mrsconn23 member
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think you're putting way too much thought into this.  I think we just told the limo company how many people we had and they sent a limo to accommodate the amount of people neccessary.  This is an incredibly long post and ridiculous poll for a detail that in the whole scheme of a wedding, really does not matter. 

FWIW, I could not tell you what color our limo was for our wedding.  There *might* be one picture of it in my wedding album, but that's a huge maybe.
  • Options
    Butter CookieButter Cookie member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    How about a black rolls royce?
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Agreed. Way too much thought is going into this. The guests aren't going to see it. You're not even going to be in it. The people who will are probably getting a one-way trip from ceremony to reception. A 20 - 30 minute drive at most? Just rent rent a limo that will accomodate the number of passengers.
    MIL is thrilled you're joining the family. Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_wedding-woes_black-white-limos?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:47Discussion:efe205b6-a2fe-4140-96ce-ed2cea6206c5Post:ec126d01-5f6d-4aa8-b751-718a26042348">Re: Black or White--limos, that is...</a>:
    [QUOTE]I think you're putting way too much thought into this.  I think we just told the limo company how many people we had and they sent a limo to accommodate the amount of people neccessary.  This is an incredibly long post and ridiculous poll for a detail that in the whole scheme of a wedding, really does not matter.  FWIW, I could not tell you what color our limo was for our wedding.  There *might* be one picture of it in my wedding album, but that's a huge maybe.
    Posted by mrs.conn23[/QUOTE]

<div>My goodness.  I get attacked enough by people dealing with my wedding, and now theknot community boards has jumped on the wagon!  I think it is incredibly rude of you to insult my post, yet I agree with most everything you said.  If you must know, I have actually delegated this task to my planner and (if you read what I said) don't care about the color.  I realize that I am NOT going to take any pictures with the cars at all.</div><div>
    </div><div>No need to hurl insults, and there is no need for you to read a post you think is too long, let alone respond.  I was just giving a few perspectives I've gotten to start a discussion.  Wedding planning is stressful enough, and most people are coming here for help, not to be further stressed out.  Thanks for making my first conversation thread a welcoming one.</div>
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I appreciate everyone else's thoughts.  Just stirring up a conversation, that's all.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_wedding-woes_black-white-limos?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:47Discussion:efe205b6-a2fe-4140-96ce-ed2cea6206c5Post:9c0bd271-fdaa-43f7-8f2b-de8ad87f6b49">Re: Black or White--limos, that is...</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Black or White--limos, that is... : My goodness.  I get attacked enough by people dealing with my wedding, and now theknot community boards has jumped on the wagon!  I think it is incredibly rude of you to insult my post, yet I agree with most everything you said.  If you must know, I have actually delegated this task to my planner and (if you read what I said) don't care about the color.  I realize that I am NOT going to take any pictures with the cars at all. No need to hurl insults, and there is no need for you to read a post you think is too long, let alone respond.  I was just giving a few perspectives I've gotten to start a discussion.  Wedding planning is stressful enough, and most people are coming here for help, not to be further stressed out.  Thanks for making my first conversation thread a welcoming one.
    Posted by nechi194[/QUOTE]

*snort*...Calling your poll 'ridiculous' is "attacking" you?  Really? 

It's called a public message board.  You post something, people respond.   You may or may not like what they have to say.  In the future, you may want to lurk before you post.

And really, again, why the long post for something that you've now admitted doesn't matter anyway?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_wedding-woes_black-white-limos?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:47Discussion:efe205b6-a2fe-4140-96ce-ed2cea6206c5Post:4dcb8dcf-9492-4466-b6cc-6d196240f6d4">Re: Black or White--limos, that is...</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Black or White--limos, that is... : *snort*...Calling your poll 'ridiculous' is "attacking" you?  Really?  It's called a public message board.  You post something, people respond.   You may or may not like what they have to say.  In the future, you may want to lurk before you post. And really, again, why the long post for something that you've now admitted doesn't matter anyway?
    Posted by mrs.conn23[/QUOTE]

<div>You seem bitter.  And why is it that you're still on theknot.com?  10,000 ugly posts later, aren't you married already? And if this is ridiculous to you, why are YOU still responding? (is that short enough?)  </div><div>
    </div><div>Perhaps you should take your own advice and lurk only.  And what's up with the snort? Much more silly than a poll asking about something wedding related.  Grow up and move on, your wedding is done.</div>
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_wedding-woes_black-white-limos?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:47Discussion:efe205b6-a2fe-4140-96ce-ed2cea6206c5Post:5d2cbbdd-b690-486e-964f-16f421e012a5">Re: Black or White--limos, that is...</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Black or White--limos, that is... : You seem bitter.  And why is it that you're still on theknot.com?  10,000 ugly posts later, aren't you married already? And if this is ridiculous to you, why are YOU still responding. (is that short enough?) Perhaps you should take your own advice.

Yes, I am bitter, bitter old hag.  You should feel sorry for my husband.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I do. (REALLY short)
  • Options
    angelicaSDangelicaSD member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    relax! choose black, a SUV or hummer certainly does not portray "funeral" your mom needs to get over it, no offense. it's not her wedding
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_wedding-woes_black-white-limos?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:47Discussion:efe205b6-a2fe-4140-96ce-ed2cea6206c5Post:6f9ea951-ae4b-4435-a365-a7ad9396d269">Re: Black or White--limos, that is...</a>:
    [QUOTE]relax! choose black, a SUV or hummer certainly does not portray "funeral" your mom needs to get over it, no offense. it's not her wedding
    Posted by angelicaSD[/QUOTE]

<div>thanks!  the "it's my wedding not hers" has been a hard sell, but definitely a lesson in cutting the cord.  It's funny how people get so wrapped up in the details, no?</div><div>
    </div><div>One of my BMs said the funeral comment, un-prompted.  But everyone will ride in whatever shows up that day! =)</div>
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_wedding-woes_black-white-limos?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:47Discussion:efe205b6-a2fe-4140-96ce-ed2cea6206c5Post:621003c0-83e7-48ea-be7c-a0e473fd06ae">Black or White--limos, that is...</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hey knotties, I was just curious to see what different brides have chosen.  Here are the perspectives in my family: Groom: Read on theplunge.com (theknot for men, very cute if you haven't seen it) that white limos are "corny."  Wants black limos but doesn't care enough to make a change either way. Me: After the whole mess I've gone through over these cars, I don't care. I'm not even riding in it...it's just for the bridal party and family.  I sorta agree with mom, though...but it's really not that big of a deal.  MOB: Black limos remind her of funerals.  Has all-out refused to ride in a black one.  Also picky about shade of white because pearl is just not acceptable.  Seems to care the most out of all involved.  MOG: not involved, but surely would support her son. Planner: Also thinks black is tacky--reminds him of prom or pimps.  Says that there is no contrast when a bride stands in front of a white limo if she is wearing white.  I do not plan on taking pictures with it, though, since we're also getting a classic car for myself and the groom. What do you think??  I'll go with the groom's choice, but I don't think I'll tell my mom until the day before because I don't want to deal with it.  Small details that I care very little to address have become huge and stressful issues for my wedding.  Any support you can offer (ammo for MOB) would be helpful. Thanks!
    "I would be sad if sex was only about the climax, lame." Someone who is obviously doing it wrong
    Photobucket
  • Options
    MrsMyrtleMrsMyrtle member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Anyone else cracking up that a groom's site would be called "The Plunge"?
  • Options
    baconsmombaconsmom member
    5 Love Its First Answer First Anniversary Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    What is with today, today? It's like a freaking gold strike up in here. 

Hey, Necco Wafers, do you go psycho on the grocery-store clerk if she doesn't smile big enough, too? Or do you ask everyone you've ever known for an opinion before you take a dump? 

And don't bother putting in the effort: I already feel sorry for my husband. He has to hear the stories I tell about idiots like you. 
  • Options
    6fsn6fsn member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    If you delegated to the planner why bother with a long post and poll?  For what it's worth I'd do whatever is cheaper/available that isn't a hummer.

We had a trolley car.  Much cooler.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for those who have offered their 2 cents.  I was hoping to stir up a discussion that I hadn't seen addressed and to try out a feature that seemed to make it easy for more people to respond without having to type a thing.  I'm all for disagreeing, but the anonymity of the board allows people to unleash their own inner vitriol when they wouldn't dare say it to my face.  So be bold with your keyboard if it makes you feel powerful, ok?  

It seems like baconsmom and mrsconn are the same, no?  Why take time to read a long post, respond multiple times, and sign in under a different name to respond? She must have spent a lot of time figuring out what to say.  What a waste of energy.  It's time to grow up, and be a good example to her little "bacon"--but then again, considering she has clocked over 12000 posts between at least 2 names, she must not have much else to do post-wedding than to make friends online and plan verbal revenge.  Too bad.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Please keep in mind, ladies, that our planning experiences are all very different; we don't have each other's personalities, personal situations, or family drama to deal with.  For me, this car thing has been blown out of proportion for about 4 months now (I know--ridiculous); I'm NOT disagreeing with you on that one!  My family is just excited and perhaps a little crazy; we have a long line of JoP and small-sized weddings in our family.  We also have background wedding-related drama that predates even my engagement.  Things that are so small become very large very quickly due to this history.

Thank you to those who provided your opinions, as well as your perspectives on how it related to their overall planning scheme--no matter how insignificant they felt it may be.  I'm not wild about a trolley car or an SUV, but I appreciate that those thoughts were thrown out there.  I was just generating discussion on, well, a discussion board.

I'm still not sure why people keep latching on to the length of my posts.  People who know me (and none of you do) know that I tend to speak and write a lot, but I do it well.  My goal is not to make your eyes strain; if you don't want to read it, then don't.  And by all means, don't respond.  There are plenty other short threads.  If you have gotten this far, you must be interested in what I've said, since you stuck around so long.  So no more complaints about length.

And no need to respond further.  To me, this thread is dead.  I'm getting married--no time for such negativity.  I would much rather spend time contemplating a small detail than small-minded thoughts.  Again, thanks to those who have offered their thoughts; you are appreciated.
  • Options
    morainemommorainemom member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Who is paying for the limo?

If it's your parents -- then let your Mom have the white limo.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_wedding-woes_black-white-limos?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:47Discussion:efe205b6-a2fe-4140-96ce-ed2cea6206c5Post:57f6f952-3af7-477f-8dc1-10367e6de9b0">Re: Black or White--limos, that is...</a>:
    [QUOTE]Thanks for those who have offered their 2 cents.  I was hoping to stir up a discussion that I hadn't seen addressed and to try out a feature that seemed to make it easy for more people to respond without having to type a thing.  I'm all for disagreeing, but the anonymity of the board allows people to unleash their own inner vitriol when they wouldn't dare say it to my face.  So be bold with your keyboard if it makes you feel powerful, ok?      It seems like baconsmom and mrsconn are the same, no?  Why take time to read a long post, respond multiple times, and sign in under a different name to respond? She must have spent a lot of time figuring out what to say.  What a waste of energy.  It's time to grow up, and be a good example to her little "bacon"--but then again, considering she has clocked over 12000 posts between at least 2 names, she must not have much else to do post-wedding than to make friends online and plan verbal revenge.  Too bad.
    "I would be sad if sex was only about the climax, lame." Someone who is obviously doing it wrong
    Photobucket
  • Options
    baconsmombaconsmom member
    5 Love Its First Answer First Anniversary Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    END OF REPLIES.

MrsConn, I had no idea I was you. Did you know you were me? 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_wedding-woes_black-white-limos?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:47Discussion:efe205b6-a2fe-4140-96ce-ed2cea6206c5Post:05437956-8a3a-4006-94eb-d10496f239ec">Re: Black or White--limos, that is...</a>:
    [QUOTE]Please keep in mind, ladies, that our planning experiences are all very different; we don't have each other's personalities, personal situations, or family drama to deal with.  For me, this car thing has been blown out of proportion for about 4 months now (I know--ridiculous); I'm NOT disagreeing with you on that one!  My family is just excited and perhaps a little crazy; we have a long line of JoP and small-sized weddings in our family.  We also have background wedding-related drama that predates even my engagement.  Things that are so small become very large very quickly due to this history. Thank you to those who provided your opinions, as well as your perspectives on how it related to their overall planning scheme--no matter how insignificant they felt it may be.  I'm not wild about a trolley car or an SUV, but I appreciate that those thoughts were thrown out there.  I was just generating discussion on, well, a discussion board. I'm still not sure why people keep latching on to the length of my posts.  People who know me (and none of you do) know that I tend to speak and write a lot, but I do it well.  My goal is not to make your eyes strain; if you don't want to read it, then don't.  And by all means, don't respond.  There are plenty other short threads.  If you have gotten this far, you must be interested in what I've said, since you stuck around so long.  So no more complaints about length. And no need to respond further.  To me, this thread is dead.  I'm getting married--no time for such negativity.  I would much rather spend time contemplating a small detail than small-minded thoughts.  Again, thanks to those who have offered their thoughts; you are appreciated.

LMAO.  You're a special one, aren't you?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_wedding-woes_black-white-limos?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:47Discussion:efe205b6-a2fe-4140-96ce-ed2cea6206c5Post:6e0dfb11-f9c5-4414-a651-a3cd88c0974c">Re: Black or White--limos, that is...</a>:
    [QUOTE]END OF REPLIES. MrsConn, I had no idea I was you. Did you know you were me? 
    Posted by baconsmom[/QUOTE]
    I know.   Because two individuals could *never* have the same opinion on the internets.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    It does not matter, just go with whatever the limo company has
  • Options
    DG1DG1 member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    This whole post cracks me up.  Oh, the irony of it all.

And black limos remind someone of prom, but hummer limos don't?  I mean, that has "teenager" (or wannabe gangster) written ALL over it.

• Options
    merivale87merivale87 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_wedding-woes_black-white-limos?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:47Discussion:efe205b6-a2fe-4140-96ce-ed2cea6206c5Post:5d2cbbdd-b690-486e-964f-16f421e012a5">Re: Black or White--limos, that is...</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Black or White--limos, that is... : You seem bitter.  <strong>And why is it that you're still on theknot.com?  10,000 ugly posts later, aren't you married already? And if this is ridiculous to you, why are YOU still responding? </strong>(is that short enough?)   Perhaps you should take your own advice and lurk only.  And what's up with the snort? Much more silly than a poll asking about something wedding related.  Grow up and move on, your wedding is done.

<div>Oh. Dear. Lord. Will people STOP WITH THIS? Like I've said before, there is nothing on The Knot that says "Married women are old married hags who can't use the internet and must close their account within 24 hours of being married."</div><div>
    </div><div>Get over it. We chose white because the only one we could afford was white. Done.</div>
    my read shelf:
    Elysia's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Vintage Cadillac for me.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards