Pennsylvania
Options

Engagement photo places needed

We are getting married in Scranton at Lackawanna Station and are having our engagement pictures taken in the next few weeks.

We are both not from the area, and neither is our photog, so we're kind of lost as to engagement photo ideas.  We've only walked from the venue to the mall (a few blocks down) and then to the church courthouse area. 

We like more photojournalist style pics, so any ideas for places for this in, and around the Scranton area, would be greatly appreciated!

TIA!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Engagement photo places needed

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Hi,
    I am from the scranton area!!  I have tons of places to suggest you getting pictures taken!  What kind of things are you interested in?

If you are getting married at the lackawanna station, do you like trains?  Steamtown is about a mile away and has some great photo opportunities.

There is a park (within about 5 miles) called Nay Aug Park.  It is really pretty there, and they have this HUGE tree house.  they also have a lot of places with water and rocks.

At nearby University of Scranton, there are a lot of pretty iron gates, old buildings, and a rose garden.

Marywood university (which is a little further), but literally within 8 miles..... is BEAUTIFUL.  Beautiful grass, fountains, flowers, marble.  Very Very pretty!

Downtown (literally blocks from where you are), there is a block that is brick lined and has a really old rustic feel. 

Another beautilful structure downtown is the Scranton Cultural Center.  They *may* charge a small fee for pictures, but it is really really beautiful.

Also, downtown, there is a library (Albright Memorial Library) which has some very intersting structural attributes.

If you tell me more about yourself, and what you like, I might be able to give you more appropriate reccomidations.

• Options
    Play getawayPlay getaway member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    thanks so much! 

We are very fun loving, down to earth people.
    We love to have fun, but are the laid back type when it comes to life.
    I love artistic style photos and simple, classic elegance is my style to a T .  To give you more of an idea,  black and champagne are the colors we are going with for the wedding.

Marywood sounds beautiful like that too, beautiful scenery, but also just being able to lay in a field together, goof off and have fun.

We have seen the train museum and thats one of the things that first drew us to that area.  We definitely want pictures there but not sure if it'd be better to do for engagement pics, or in the wedding dress on the day of ( i think it'd be fun to be dressed up getting on an old train, but i worry about the dress getting too dirty). 

I'd also prefer not to have the same pics for the wedding as the engagement pics which is why we were at a loss because we didnt know anything else in the area.

Hope that helps, thanks again!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    There really are great places to take pictures.

Based on your more descriptive idea of who you are as a couple.  I would suggest marywood for your E pics, and then stick to close places for your day of pics (like steamtown, and the scranton cultural center.  They are within a mile (in 2 different directions) of the raddison.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I believe Marywood also charges a fee to use their grounds, even if you are an Alumni... That wasn't always the case, but I would also look into that if you decide go with the University
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Francis slocum state park

Knoebels amusement (so much fun!)

Downtown Wilkes Barre
  • Options
    Play getawayPlay getaway member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    thank you!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.