Maryland
Options

Photographer/Videographer Problem

I am looking for a photographer and videographer.  The problem is that my fiance is totally blind so of course we don't want to spend too much on photos.  The video is more improtant to both of us.  We want some special photos like all brides and grooms but we certainly don't need an album full of pictures.  Any ideas about how to deal with this problem?

Re: Photographer/Videographer Problem

• Options
    edited December 2011
    It depends on how much you want to shift to your videographer budget from your photographer budget but I think I have a couple of ideas for you.

If you really don't care about the photographs and are okay with them potentially not even turning out well you can just put disposable cameras on the wedding guest tables and use that as your main source of photos.  Keep in mind though as the evening wears on you might get pictures of feet, they might be too dark or washed out etc... but hopefully you'll get a couple you can use. 

If you have a guest there that's not too important (not in the WP or anything like that) and artistically inclined you could invest in a fairly nice digital camera and have them just snap pictures of the super important moments.

Also, there will be tons of people there taking photos i'm sure so you could even make it a family wide thing and have them send any photos they've taken to your e-mail address.

There are some cheap photographers out there, they don't do anything fancy but you do get coverage of group photos.  My sister's sister in law used this guy (http://www.gbphotostudio.com/) and he was fairly inexpensive compared to some of the vendors I've seen, but still did a nice job.

I hope this helps and best of luck to the both of you :)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards