Rhode Island

Casual venue suggestions on/near the water?

Hi Ladies,

My sister is currently in the wedding planning process. I planned my entire wedding based on recommendations from ladies on the knot boards, so I thought i'd try to help out my sister and reach out to you ladies once again!

She's looking for a casual wedding venue/restaurant thats very budget-friendly, on/near the water, with about 100-120 guests. 

Her and her fiance really dislike the typical "cookie cutter" wedding venues. They're looking for something different, a little quirky, or out of the box if you will. It doesn't HAVE to be quirky, but definitely not banquet-hall-like.

Do you ladies know of any places that fit this description? Any suggestions are welcome! Thanks in advance!! :)

Re: Casual venue suggestions on/near the water?

• I got married on the North Lawn @ Fort Adams and it was awesome.  You have the option to use the inside of the Fort or utilize the Lawn area where the Jazz Festival is held.  It was so different and perfect because my husband and I love the water.  Best spot around.  Also check out the Newport Yachting Center or Gooseberry Beach.  Good Luck!
  • Check out The Village Inn in Narragansett. Located near the water.
  • We are getting married at Solitude Springs, in Hopkinton RI.  Its not on the ocean, but its on a farm and the tented area is on a really pretty pond. The pricing was very reasonalbe compared to others and they have been really great to work with so far.

• Yes, check ou the Village Inn in Narragansett. That's where I'm getting married! It was perfect for us! Good luck :)
  • How are the plans going at Village Inn @summerbride2014? I just requested info, but having a difficult time finding more wedding pictures other than what is on their website. 
    hallunscripted.blogspot.com
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We got married at Kinney Bungalow.  It's pretty affordable.  Months after my wedding, I'm still having people gush to me about how gorgeous the venue was.  The building is beautiful on it's own, so you really don't have to put much money/effort into decorating it, either.  My only note is they say they can host up to 160, but I suspect over 80 would be kind of tight. 
  • We are getting married at Chamberlain Farm and Pavilion in Berkley, MA. It is pretty close to RI and one of the more affordable and relaxed locations we talked to. I also heard the food is amazing being on a farm and so close to other farms. We go to our menu tasting on Sunday. I can't wait!
  • Oh and there is water near by. Nothing fancy but it's pretty. They have cranberry bogs there. 
  • I'm getting married at the Global Heritage Hall on the RWU campus.  It's a large building that holds 150 people for a seated dinner, has high ceilings and a huge glass wall that overlooks the bay.  It's a very different and modern building! 
  • The Global Heritage Hall is only rented out to RWU students, alum and staff now. We were really bummed to find out it was no longer an option because it had what we were looking for. 
    hallunscripted.blogspot.com
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We were married on the North Lawn at Fort Adams - such a great view!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards