Maine
Options

DIY photobooth

DIY wedding photobooth.
Have any of the brides on here ever done this?  Has anyone been to a wedding where there was one?  If so can you fill me in on how it worked?  Thanks!

Re: DIY photobooth

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I haven't ever seen it done in person, but I have heard others planning to set up a camera on a tripod with props to use.
    I've also heard of people using a Kodak instant camera, but they have gone back and forth with making them, then not making them, so it could be challenging to find all the supplies. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I want to do this too!  I can find a tripod, but I want a remote so that groups can take their own picture, but have been out of luck so far.  Let me know what you find out!!!

My sister used a couple of borrowed digital cameras on a table and had slips of paper that people could write on.  Then, after the wedding, she put it all together.  I might do that if all else fails!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm planning on doing one too! I'm going to try and find a remote for the camera as well. I don't think I'll do props, at least not a lot of them -- maybe a couple silly hats or something. And I was thinking I'd have a card there people could take that would have the URL to a shutterfly account or something, where I'd download all the pictures and people could go to look at them.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    jena.n.rossjena.n.ross member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I got this idea in the Knot email the other day, and was instantly interested!  I think it's such a fun idea, and completely different than the other, more traditional pictures that will be taken.

I also love the shutterfly account, and Minm what a good point.  I went to a wedding this summer where the bride and groom had cards on the table asking guests to upload their pictures into their Shutterfly.  If I do the booth, I'll have to make a sign so people can look at their pics! 

Seems pretty easy to set up... Backdrop, camera, tripod... I'd have to find an extra camera, and the remote is a great idea.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

**Current VistaPrint Groupon - $17 gets you $70(good 'til 11/8)**

**New project in the works: Follow my Twitter for more Groupon (etc) deals!**

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Bio ~ A Bride's Guide to VistaPrint * www.vistaprint-goddess.weebly.com

"In my book you're a VistaPrint goddess" --Hannah

Photobucket

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I did it! It worked out great, but I had my sisters friends come and run it. There are directions in my bio. Email me if you have any questions - MelisM318 at yahoo dot com
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards