New York-Western

David's Bridal

So I purchased my dress from David's in Amherst, NY a few months ago. Now that I'm getting close to our wedding and thinking about alterations I'm wondering if anyone has had any good/bad experiences with alterations there? I'm gong to call soon to ask some questions but any reviews? Also any idea what cost is average? My dress is fairly plain with no beading and I will just need it taken in slightly, shortened, a bustle, and cups sewn in. Thanks for the feedback!

Re: David's Bridal

• I just recently bought my dress from there and it fits perfectly so the only alteration I will need is the bustle being put in which I was told is fairly cheap. I have heard that it can get quite expensive there though depending on what you need done.

I would call and ask for an estimate and then maybe shop around a little before deciding to go with them.
    May 2013 January Siggy Challenge
    Cake
    my read shelf:
    Becky's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • My dress was from David's.  I had them do the alterations at the Henrietta store.  

My alterations weren't expensive, but all I needed was them to adjust the halter by an inch, cups put in and a bustle.  She said it gets expensive when you need to shorten the dress, but it was because I had lace in my dress.  If yours doesn't have that, it shouldn't be too bad.
    Photobucket Follow Me on Pinterest
  • I am getting my dress altered by someone who does it out of there house....she did awesome on my shower dress and very reasonable...David's is supposed to steam your dress for free but takes forever...I ended up picking mine up un steamed because I can't come the day originally scheduled so they said I would have to wait another week...and they won't do it if alterations have been done some place else....I give a thumbs down to davids
  • the amherst davids was REDIC! my veil didnt match my dress...they wont exchange it for me. Im going else where . f that. haha.

Jenn. Amherst/Falls area
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards