Texas-Austin

Drinks

What are you serving at your reception?  Our caterer is providing tea, water, & coffee and we will be providing soft drinks, 2 different beers, a red & a white wine, but I can't make up my mind about the cocktails.  Do we just purchase liquor & mixers or do we come up with a few cocktails to offer & only buy what's needed to make those?

Re: Drinks

• nroach78nroach78 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are skipping the cocktails and serving: water, tea, coffee, soft drinks, beer, and wine. It seems sufficient and will save us money.
  • edited December 2011
    We are purchasing alcohol for cocktails and have decided based upon our guests and how they drink will be getting most of your basics (vodka, whiskey, tequilla, gin, and scotch. Then we plan on getting basic mixers ( fruit juices, sodas, etc.) and will plan for your normal cocktails ( margaritas, martinis, it really just depends on the kind of drinkers you have attending). Good luck
    Photobucket
    April 2012 April siggy challenge: How I relax image
    My Barely There Bio updated 7/12!
  • rerawaltrerawalt member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are hosting an open bar package through our venue. 
  • edited December 2011
    We have an open bar package, too.

This one friend of mine just bought a standard supply of liquor (vodka, rum, crown, jack) and then a bunch of mixers (coke, sprite, ginger ale, tonic, cranberry juice) in addition to the beer. She also had a margarita machine. No wine. It worked out well. Even if a guest didn't get their first choice of drink, they somehow found something they liked. Then again, the group that was there didn't really care as long as the drinks were flowing.   :)
  • erolliserollis member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Our package includes : water, tea, coffee, and darn it all I know there is something else. Punch? That may be it.

We will provide : beer, wine and soda.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011

Our caterer provided the coffee and we brought in the other drinks. We had bottled beer so we had a few different beers, a red and white wine and just a small selection of liquor. We picked jack daniels, a spiced rum, vodka and gin with juice, lemonade, tonic, and soda for mixers plus tea, soft drinks and water for non-alcoholic drinks. It went over really well and didn't cost a fortune.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    I am only bringing booze for myself...

hahah just kidding.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards