Plus-Sized

engagement pic help

Ok girls need help..were doin them mid summer so it needs to be comfy. Should u wear a bold color or can u were patterns?
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: engagement pic help

• Everything I have read said where a bold color but nothing too bright... Do what makes you comfortable. Patterns sometimes get messed up in the picture and just look off.

Im going for a solid nice mellow colors but something that is still me and I am comfortable in

GOOD LUCK!!

Cant wait to see them

Getting Hitches 08/09/2014

• Im thinking maybe a teal or maybe even like light pink..
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I never read the suggestions as far as what to wear.

I went with something I was comfortable in. I wore a patterned shirt with leggings and boots. I wanted to be myself and if I went with solid I'd feel plain and awkward.
  • Thats how i am.. can we see pics please?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I'll share some tomorrow. I'm at work and don't have any on my computer. :) I wore a top like this with black leggings and boots. My H wore a baby blue button down shirt (plain) and dark wash jeans with Jordans.
  • Ok nice. Thanks.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I wore bright (blue sweater over yellow top) and FI wore a plaid shirt. I was pretty happy with how ours turned out. I would just wear something you're comfortable in. If you dont feel good, you wont like your pictures....
  • I wore a molted red shirt and jeans, and FI wore a black pinstripe button down and jeans. We felt comfortable, and that was all that really mattered. 
    Its not the destination so much as the journey, they say. - Captain Jack Sparrow Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Howd you guys get those cute little countdown thingys??
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • KnotIreneKnotIrene admin
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited February 2013
    Here's the link to the tickers at the bottom of some people's posts.  Happy planning.

• I just wore black slacks, a plum tank top and a white blouse, all from Lane Bryant, with a pair of mary janes. He wore a t-shirt and khaki cargo pants because that's what he normally wears and I wasn't going to have him dress in work clothes for something that was supposed to be casual and all about us (and our dogs).

• Ok so once i make one where to I put it to show up like  theirs?? Im new to this site and dont know my way around yet
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • For my pics I had 2 sessions and wore a comfortable patterned shirt the first time and a solid shirt the second time. I was not as comfortable in the solid shirt and it shows in my pictures, but I still got some nice pics.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • As a plus sized bride AND a photographer (and now married to another photographer), I have some thoughts on this subject.

Pattern tops can be distracting and, depending on the pattern, can look heavier.  Same with loose fitting clothes - we may be more comfortable in them, but it makes us look larger.  Go for something somewhat fitted.  Avoid layers of heavy fabrics and anything that ends in whatever "problem areas" you have (for me it's definitely my butt...).  Close fitting jackets are good, because they can be worn closed or open (and if open can help miminize shape).  Also don't wear pants that taper down to the ankle.  If possible, wear heels - it improves posture, lenghtens the body, and makes you look longer and leaner.

It's true that you want to be comfortable, but you also want to look good, right?  I mean, these are going to last!  So find a good compromise between things that you are okay in, but also will help you look AMAZING!

Amber
    http://tomadamphotography.com
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards