Illinois-Chicago
Options

outdoor wedding location in suburbs

I really want to do my reception outdoors, but want to use my own catering/bar service.  Getting really stuck on finding a location that will let me do that in the suburbs, mostly because all the park districts/forest preserves have alcohol restrictions.  I'm in the southwest suburbs, willing to travel for a good location, anyone have any ideas?

Re: outdoor wedding location in suburbs

• Options
    edited December 2011
    That's a tough one bc the city is the same way. You can have alcohol just through their preferred vendor list. I really wanted an outdoor cermony and reception as well but couldn't find one.
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Wilder Gardens/Park in Elmhurst has a beautiful outdoor location for the ceremony, and the Wilder Mansion is steps away. Check it out!~
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    The Cheney Mansion in Oak Park allows for ceremony/reception outside.  I was seriously considering it for my wedding because I really wanted to do something outside too.  The one big drawback (for me at least) was that they make you end everything by 11 because it's in the middle of a neighborhood.  I've heard they're very strict about that and someone even said they basically pushed them out the door at 11.  That could just have been one bad experience though.  If the 11 thing doesn't bother you, it's definitely a place to look at IMO.  
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Check out www.Mayslakepeabody.com they are a park dist facility and have no alcohol restrictions. You can have an outdoor wedding there and they have a plan b, with the Mansion. When you rent the facility you are the only party there that night.

We are bringing in our own catering and BAR. Ask for Alex, he's been great to work with, always answered my e mails same day. I've been planning for one year.

Very important to note:
    My caterer had to buy a liability policy naming Mayslake Peabody. AND They had to buy a one day liquor license for the city of Oak Brook.
    These two things cost me $250.
  • Options
    AubsAndSeanAubsAndSean member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    CD&Me in Frankfort... but I think they have a preferred vendor list.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards