North Carolina-Outer Banks
Options

Ceremony Musicians

Hey guys. My mom is adamant that we have at least a violin player, but I'm interested in perhaps a string trio or quartet that plays contemporary music. Any suggestions?

Re: Ceremony Musicians

• Options
    ftdr2bftdr2b member
    First Comment
    We had a violin and a cello and it was awesome.  We picked the cello because we had our ceremony outside and we wanted something a little lower pitched that people could hear. We used Club Violin and were very happy
    Mrs. Lauren Barry
  • Options
    jendem8jendem8 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    We're using Club Violin as well - we'll be using a violin and guitar since that's what Leslie (the owner) recommended for more contemporary music.  They've been great to work with so far... good luck!
    image June 22, 2012
  • Options
    Do yall mind how much your paying for that? Im getting married on the beach with a very tight budget. But I would like some music for the ceremony...Thanks!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    TKzillaTKzilla member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    I checked out Club Violin - they sound AMAZING! Did anyone request special music not listed on their website? I originally wanted to walk in with "Here Comes the Sun" by the Beatles playing, but I also liked their version of "Moon River". Just wondering if anyone had any experience requesting other songs.
  • Options
    jendem8jendem8 member
    This is Club Violin's pricing:
    Solo: $325
    Duo: $550
    Trios: $775
    Quartets: $1000
    Cocktail Hour: $100/hour/musician (with booking of ceremony)

I didn't request any songs, but I know they can take requests.  There is a fee and it has to be done 3 months in advance of your wedding date.  I would contact them to get specifics if you're set on that.  I was just able to find what I wanted - they may even have done "Here Comes the Sun" before, so I would definitley ask Leslie.
    image June 22, 2012
  • Options
    As PP's said, Club Violin is the way to go.  We are using them as well.  $300 for the ceremony, and using Leslie, the owner, as the soloist.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    TKzillaTKzilla member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    We're booking Club Violin this week - so excited. We decided to go with the duo like we originally thought - so we're getting a violnist and acoustic guitarist.
  • Options
    katiegrace7katiegrace7 member
    edited May 2012
    Sue Artz does double duty as a Violinist and a DJ, and if you haven't hired a photographer yet, her husband does that.  Three services-one vendor!  Princeless!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards