California-Bay Area

Dolce Hayes Mansion in SJ- good venue?

I'm looking into venues and was wondering if anyone on here has had or is planning to have their wedding reception at the Dolce Hayes Mansion in SJ. I know it may be pricey but judging by pictures it looks like a beautiful place to have a reception. Anybody have any experience and/or feedback related to this place???

Re: Dolce Hayes Mansion in SJ- good venue?

• leia1979leia1979 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    We did the tour. The $13k food and beverage minimum for the smaller room was a shock (not mentioned in any of their literature).

If you have a ton of people and can afford the ballroom, it's beautiful. The smaller room (for 100 people or less) is weird and uses long banquet tables instead of rounds. Just be aware that the ceremony site is along final approach for SJC, so you'll get airplanes overhead every so often.
  • jmcar330jmcar330 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for the info... yeah I'm worried about the price. We'll probably have around 250 guests and we're only having a reception since the ceremony would be at our church. Gosh the pictures make it look so beautiful tho! =/
  • edited December 2011
    My girlfriend got married there--though almost 5 years ago--but loved it.  She was able to have her ceremony inside.  The food was great, though I remember the dance space being a little odd.

if it wasn't so far away from our base I'd have looked at it too. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards