West Virginia

WV Brides share your wedding ideas

Hi All
I am from WV and will be having my wedding in Charleston December 2012 - I am interested to hear your ideas for your up and coming wedding or wedding that has already taken place.  I am looking to hear unique ideas...

I will be having a winter wonderland theme and my favor table will consist of Christmas treats such as cookies, candies etc

Still undecided on whether I will include hot cider, egg nog and hot chocolate to my favor table. 

Re: WV Brides share your wedding ideas

• edited December 2011
    I had an October weddign and almost did hot chocolate. Thank God I didn't though  because it was 60 degrees lol. Do you have a venue yet?
    Anniversary Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • starbritte1starbritte1 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011

Cool colors, I like the orange.  As for a venue, sort of yes....I have put a deposit down at The Clay center but because I would only be allowed to use The Embassy Suites to cater the reception who has (in my opinion) a pricey minimum to spend, I am looking at all my options in the Charleston area. 

Where did you have your ceremony and reception?  Also did you do anything that was a huge hit?

• edited December 2011
    We had our ceremony and reception at Coonskin. We used the wedding garden for the ceremony then walked across the street to the clubhouse for the reception. It was very affordable, and they have a full list of suggeted caterers. If you don't use a caterer off their list, it's only an additional $50 (I guess for insurance?)

The Clay Center is beautiful, but yea it is pricey. As for a "big hit," we did a milk and cookie bar in place of a cocktail hour. Everyone seemed to really love it. Our wedding was mostly DIY.
    edited December 2011

How cool....Milk and cook bar.  Thanks for the feedback.

• edited December 2011
    It was a big hit! Good luck with your planning!
  • edited December 2011
    We are getting married next September. Here's a few neat things (at least we think so) we are going.
    -Candy Bar
    -Ice cream bar (instead of cake, but we are going to have cupcakes tooo)
    -Etched wine and beer glasses for guests to keep
    -Photobooth
    Wedding Countdown Ticker image
    edited December 2011
    How cool etched wine and beer glasses - that will be a great hit and especially the ice cream bar.  I am thinking of doing the photobooth - are there any vendors in the Charleston area?  I have never attended a wedding utilizing a photobooth but feel that it would be a great added piece to a reception.  But before I can make a decision to include it I must first see that it fits in our budget.
  • The photobooth was included in out package with our photographer! I know there are several different options in the Morgantown area now, and the price range is crazy.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker image
  • I got married in Marietta, OH and had a photobooth. I would think that they would travel to Charleston. Contact Event Designs / DJ Associates. They are fantastic!
    BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards