Michigan-Grand Rapids

Bridgewater Place?

I have heard that the Bridgewater Place (Varnum Building) does wedding receptions but I cant find any information on it anywhere or a contact number.  Does anyone know anything about them?

Re: Bridgewater Place?

• Thank you so much!
  • Just a word of caution - we looked at having our reception there too, and the person we met with was extremely rude to us. We arrived a few minutes early to our appointment and gave her no reason to be irritated with us, but she acted like I was making a huge imposition on her to meet with us there. I felt like if our very first meeting was that awful, no way would I want to work with that company on the most important day of my life.

The room is very small and would be super tight for that many people. We ended up with 160 and even that would have felt pretty cramped. The only thing it had going for it was the gorgeous view. We ended up using Watermark Country Club and I have nothing but good things to say about them.
  • Thanks, we have looked at watermark before but we are looking for something downtown.  Sorry about your bad experience at Bridgewater.  The girl we met with was super nice to us.  I have since talked to her on the phone about questions I had and she was nice then too.  We are only expecting about 120 people so I think we should be able to fit in there comfortably. 
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_michigan-grand-rapids_bridgewater-place?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:95Discussion:35e6e397-6fc3-4e5f-b265-49f3d4362524Post:ebcda8db-2451-4e29-b756-63940af64dae">Re: Bridgewater Place?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Thanks, we have looked at watermark before but we are looking for something downtown.  Sorry about your bad experience at Bridgewater.  The girl we met with was super nice to us.  I have since talked to her on the phone about questions I had and she was nice then too.  We are only expecting about 120 people so I think we should be able to fit in there comfortably. 
    Posted by ajswarthout[/QUOTE]

<div>Do you know if they charge for the use of Bridgewater Place- my daughter is in the pre planning stage and we cannot find out.</div><div>Thanks</div><div>MOB</div>
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_michigan-grand-rapids_bridgewater-place?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:95Discussion:35e6e397-6fc3-4e5f-b265-49f3d4362524Post:58972b4a-c0da-4697-b264-ed61811b3996">Re: Bridgewater Place?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bridgewater Place? : Do you know if they charge for the use of Bridgewater Place- my daughter is in the pre planning stage and we cannot find out. Thanks MOB
    Posted by jserv60[/QUOTE]

<div>They do charge $1500 room rental fee. The catering is by Applause and their prices are reasonable. We just met with them about a wedding reception and the lady we met with was very nice. </div>
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards