Michigan-Detroit
Options

Where are your invites headed?

So I've been working on printing out the envelopes with the addresses of the guests.  I'm curious (and bored)- where are your invites headed?

Most of my invites are staying in Michigan.  My invites headed out of state might make it to CA, IL, FL, AL, TX, MO, AR, NY, LA and one is going over the pond to England!

So where are yours headed? 

Re: Where are your invites headed?

• Options
    missmelanie81missmelanie81 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    All but a couple are here in Mi. A couple to FL and one to AZ and one to Cali.
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
    200image 167image 32image 1image RSVP Date: May 1st
  • Options
    emarston1emarston1 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hmm...this is an interesting question!

Michigan, Minnesota, Wisconsin, Arizona, Mississippi, Missouri, Washington, Florida, New York, I think that's it but I don't have the guestlist in front of me.  No international invites for me.

Also I am sending invites to Pres. Obama, VP Biden, and Mickey and Minnie Mouse.  I hear you can get some cool stuff back from each of them.  Plus I made some extra so why not?! (and I'm a nerd.)
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Almost all of ours are in MI, our out of state ones are heading to OH, IL, NC, TX, NY, GA and one to Australia for FI's Aunt with whom his family is very close.  We still are in the compiling addresses stage (The moms are taking forever, but still easier than doing it ourselves), so a few more locations may pop up.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    lcsnowflakelcsnowflake member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011

emarston- I grew up loving minnie mouse.  I might be asking you soon for her address if I have enough invites left over!!!

The international rsvp is proving to be a bit difficult. 

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Most in Michigan. A few to Ontario, Illinois, Ohio, and Alaska!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.weddings.com/Sites/Weddings/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_michigan-detroit_invites-headed?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:88Discussion:b4ea581e-2892-4b04-8b37-fbbae9f20939Post:966bb4ee-a488-4d9b-b00a-89389c0a2450">Re: Where are your invites headed?</a>:
    [QUOTE] Also I am sending invites to Pres. Obama, VP Biden, and Mickey and Minnie Mouse.  I hear you can get some cool stuff back from each of them.  Plus I made some extra so why not?! (and I'm a nerd.)
    Posted by emarston1[/QUOTE]

I had no idea!  That's awesome!  Where do you get their addresses?

My invites are going everywhere.  Domestically: MI, OH, IN, IL, MN, TN, GA, NY, PA, AL, MD, DC, VA, MA, TX, CA, CO, FL, NJ, and Puerto Rico (which is kind of domestic).

International: Canada (Toronto and Montreal), and Bahrain.  And if FIL's had their way, many more places.  But I put my foot down on talk of "but they won't come from (insert country here) anyway."

I have no idea how the interntional RSVP's will work.  That's something I had not thought of.  I mean, how do I get Canadian or Bahraini postage to put on the return card?
  • Options
    larzhopelarzhope member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    mostly Michigan, but also Florida, NC, SC,  IIL, WA, AZ, CA, PA, Ontario and Germany
  • Options
    emarston1emarston1 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    For international RSVPs you do not put return stamps.  The sender will take care of this as it is very difficult to buy foreign postage.

I'll post the addresses when I get home since they are in my notebook.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Meg-  I am thinking about making a special rsvp card or just putting a note on the card with an email address to email their rsvp.  Although your situation is more difficult with more invites headed out of country.  I know that the people I am sending the invite are computer savy and have internet. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks, ladies.  I had a momentary panic about international postage.  While I bet I could come up with Canadian postage, the postage from Bahrain would be another story.

Most are interent saavy, so I'll probably include a reply card with no postage, as well as a note that email is fine.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Mostly Michigan but we also have Florida, South Carolina, Georgia, Kansas, Nevada, Texas, and Hawaii.
    DS Born 12/21/11 #2 EDD 4/7/13
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Mostly Michigan - I think we have a couple from Florida, California, and Illinois.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    klreese0213klreese0213 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Very interesting question! Mostly Michigan for us too. but a couple in Kentucky and California.
    If we were to have a bigger wedding there'd be more states added but we're keeping it small.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Michigan, Ohio, Illinois, California, New Mexico, Georgia, (possibly Pennsylvania and New York) and Germany... No big deal, haha.

I want to send one to Obama + Mickey!! What a great idea lol
  • Options
    lisa89760lisa89760 member
    edited December 2011
    MIchigan, Illinois, California, Washington, Pennslyvania, Nevada, Texas, Nebraska (my sister!), North Carolina, New Jersey, and one is also going to England!
    August 2011 sig challenge: Honeymoon!! (We bought a boat!!)
    Photobucket
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Ah fun question! :) 

Like most of you, the majority are going to Michigan.  I also have invites to Pennsylvania, Indiana, Illinois, New Jersey, New York, Texas, Nevada, Wisconsin, Washington, Alaska, and India (I have cousins working there).

I think I'll have to surprise FH with a reply from the White House. He's a pretty big fan.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Majority of them are for people in Michigan.  However, we have some going to CA, OH, IL, NC, SC, FL, TX, DC, Germany, and India...lots of locations :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    wow I'm suprised how many international invites are getting sent.  I thought it was alot more rare!  How fun to see where everyone will be coming from for our weddings!
  • Options
    MMRoberts11MMRoberts11 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Mostly Michigan but a few are also going to Arizona, Florida, Illinois, California, West Virginia, North Carolina, Georgia, Pennsylvania, New York, and Ohio.  I'm also sending one to England and one to Japan.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    The majority of mine are going to Michigan.  We also have Puerto Rico, Tennessee, Florida, Arizona, New Jersey, and possibly Utah.  

I would like addresses as well of Mr. and Mrs. Mouse, the Obamas, and the Bidens.  :)
    BabyFruit Ticker Wedding Countdown Ticker Our Bio Bridesmaid Dresses July 2012 November Siggy: Bridesmaid Dresses!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Mostly Michigan plus Colorado, Illinois, Texas, Nevada, and maybe Tennessee. No internationals for us!
  • Options
    southofnormalsouthofnormal member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Mine will be mostly MI, too, but also VA, MN, CA, Arkansas. I think that's it, but we are only inviting about 35 people or so.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Proposal Site: 12/29/10 United States Capitol Building Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards