Wedding Customs & Traditions Forum

In Need of an Officiant

Hi all! 10 months to go and I'm starting to look for an officiant in the South Jersey area. My fiancee and I are going with a quick, non-denominational ceremony (at our venue, not a church) but I don't even know where to start looking. Anyone have any suggestions before I start Google searching? Thanks for any help! Smile
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Re: In Need of an Officiant

• Definitely post on your local board and ask for recommendations from brides in your area.  To find your local board, just click on Local Wedding Boards on the left side and choose your State.

Of course you can also just Google your city, wedding officiants. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • A close friend or family can get ordained online and they can preform the ceremony. the Universal Life Church does it for free online. in ssome states they don't allow this in order to have a legal ceremony but its legal in jersey. just double check with the county clerk just to be on the safe side. i live in jersey too and we are having my uncle do this in order to marry us. its more personal too!
  • Does anyone know where to find out if your state allows a person (friend, family, etc) that was ordained to marry you?  A friend of ours has been ordained & we'd love to have him as our officiant, but he told us that he had heard that he would be required to have a congregation in order to marry us.  We live in montgomery county, PA & that's the area we plan to have our wedding.  Any one with experience in this area?  thanks! Laughing
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Spamchick, call your local Clerk of the Courts. They'll have this information.
  • I called the court house and got a list of JOP...but then we decided to google for an officiant.  We found one on google and met with her and she's great - so there are many ways to find an officiant.  Friends/whoever is ordained depending on your state can marry you...but I would rather have someone who performs many weddings perform the ceremony rather than a friend that has never done a ceremony (not that they can't do a great job - I'm sure many have int he past).  There are lots of options out there!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards