Wedding Vows & Ceremony Discussions
Options

bad to have the same scripture as friends wedding?

Hi ladies,
I'm getting married Sept. 18 and I have some friends getting married Aug. 1. The groom is actually our officiant for our wedding. We talked with him about our wedding program a couple of weeks ago and mentioned a scripture we wanted in the ceremony. He and his fiancee are using it in there wedding! Ugh! Is it bad to use the same scripture even though we picked it out first but are getting married later or should we start from square one and pick another. I really liked this scripture and find a lot of scripture cheesy so I almost feel like I will have a horrible attitude going through the process again:(

Re: bad to have the same scripture as friends wedding?

• Options
    mysticlmysticl member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited December 2011
    Keep it.  You each picked that reading for what it means to you not b/c the other did.  Even if you have overlapping guests most aren't going to notice.  I'm having readings at my wedding that not only have I heard at other weddings, but that I've READ at other weddings.  I"m not copying, I'm using what I like and what is important to me.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    alyssalowealyssalowe member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I agree.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Yea, keep it. Its scripture. I don't think anyone will be offended Smile
  • Options
    Lisa50Lisa50 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_vows_bad-same-scripture-friends-wedding?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:24Discussion:b8d8a845-e150-47af-ae9a-227b5641ea5fPost:da3d8471-2bbb-48c9-9279-f39535855bc7">Re: bad to have the same scripture as friends wedding?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Scripture was given to everyone by God. Of course you can use it.
    Posted by RetreadBride[/QUOTE]

Well stated.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards