Kentucky-Louisville
Options

Vendor Reviews - Part One

So I've decided to split up our vendor reviews from our 12/18 wedding.  This is part one...

Dress - Bridal Warehouse - 499-7911 - I went in July just to browse the various types of gowns as I had no premonition of what my gown should look like.  Tiffanie was very helpful and brought a myriad of things for me to try on.  I ended up purchasing the third dress I tried on (a fit-and-flare/mermaid style) and an elbow veil.  I also had my dress altered here and had a 10 point bustle put in.  I thought that the prices were very reasonable and the staff helpful.  A+++

Tuxes - Tuxedo Avenue - 499-7911 - I also did this in late July when my inlaws were in town.  They were extremely helpful as well.  They called me on the Tuesday before the wedding to let me know that the tuxes were in and that everyone could try them on and pick them up at their leisure.  Everyone's tux fit great and looked amazing.  A+++

Cake - Desserts by Helen - 451-7151 - Helen is fabulous!  We tried cake at four other places and were the most satisfied here.  It is a great price for what you get and the cake is beyond moist.  We had the vanilla (top 2 tiers) and chocolate raspberry (bottom tier) with buttercream frosting.  The design was perfect and they delivered on time.  It was the most beautiful cake I've ever seen.  She was also the only baker we talked to who was willing to do cannolis for the "grooms cake."  A+++

Flowers - J. Elizabeth - 502-741-3929 - Jill and Debbie are a daughter/mother duo that does the best flowers in the state.  They were very reasonable and had fresh ideas for our wedding.  I loved how organized they were and accomodating.  The flowers were all set-up early and they are still as gorgeous as they were the night of my wedding (4 days later).  She even let us use the vases the following morning at our recovery breakfast.  A+++

Photography - Brad Luttrell - 794-2242 - Brad is the photography man.  He did our engagement pictures and they were great - I can't wait to see our wedding pictures.  He is very affordable and creative.  He really bent over backwards to make our pictures perfect.  It has only been four days and already I've gotten some pictures back!  I will definitely be using him over and over and over again as we need more pictures taken.  A+++

Venue - Owl Creek Country Club  in Anchorage (Karla Humke) - 245-4157 - Wow, wow, wow.  Karla is the assistant club manager and our main go-to woman for all things wedding.  She worked so hard to make each room look perfect and to coordinate between all of our vendors.  The food was delicious (we had two carving stations, a salad bar, potato bar, and various veggies) and being constantly refreshed.  The waitstaff was very attentive and the bartenders were phenomenal.  Monty is the sommelier there and he had special wine flown in just for us.  I will forever be craving one of our signature cocktails and some broccoli/cheese cassdrole.  A+++

Hotel/Recovery Breakfast - Hilton Garden Inn at the Summit (Chris Spears) - 423-0018 - Chris was great to work with in coordinating our guests' rooms and the recovery breakfast for Sunday morning.  He gave us a special rate for our guests that even included a continental breakfast for the mornings leading up to the wedding.  He also comped our "honeymoon suite" for the night of the wedding.  The Recovery Breakfast was delicious and the staff was very accomodating.  We really appreciated all of their hard work.  My SIL and her BF had some issues with an alarm going off in their room's heater, but they were quickly moved to a new room and the problem was solved.  A+++

A preview of my pictures from Brad Luttrell.

More to come later...  Happy Holidays to all!

Re: Vendor Reviews - Part One

• Options
    squirrlysquirrly member
    Name Dropper First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Congrats!  Sounds like everything was great!  And - another canoli groom's cake!  :D 
    DIY & Planning | Married 

Married: 2010
    Mom to J: 2011
    Mom to H: 2014

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Dresses may be easier to take in than let out, but guest lists are not. -- kate51485
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards