California-Orange County

To drink or not to drink?! HELP!!!

Ok, so I found the perfect place except for 1 MAJOR setback! It's a "dry" facility and my fiance and I are beer drinkers. So my question is: Should we sacrifice or hopes of having a bar if that is the only snaffu?!

Re: To drink or not to drink?! HELP!!!

• edited December 2011
    depends on whats important to you for your day. if you LOVE beer, then maybe its not the "perfect" place.. if you feel like you will have the time of your life without it, then go for it.
    Meagan and Travis
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    BFP 2/27/11 Missed M/C 4/2/11
    BFP 6/8/11 Delilah Rae born February 17, 2012
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Is booze important to you and your guests?  What time of day is your wedding?  What about a champagne toast?  If you don't really drink I would say--who cares just havethe meeting there..  But if you and your friends like to drink....it may make the wedding a bit dull.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    I say definitely not! You guys love beer, I bet that a lot of your guests also like to drink at a party. If you don't want to have a dry wedding because of the strictest of religious reasons, then I would find a place that will allow alcohol. PS, my two cousins had dry weddings and their dance floors were pretty empty all night so I was worried that my family wouldn't dance at my wedding. I had an open bar and let me tell you, EVERYONE was out there all night!
  • lala90lala90 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ok, I'm not going to beat around the bush. I think the verdict is in---BORING--people like to drink at weddings. Bummer, but I don't think this is the place. I don't want to sound like a lush or anything...but I was sad that my venue only has a "soft" bar--beer and wine.
  • edited December 2011
    Thank you SO MUCH everyone!!! That is our opinion too!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards