Indiana

South Bend Alterations Review

I know at one point some of the girls on here were trying to find a place in South Bend to get their alterations done.  I had no clue at the time.  But, thought I would share what I, and two of my bridesmaids, just experienced.

Greta's in South Bend gets a bad rap.  Yes, the owner, Greta herself, can be a piece of work.  But, she does have an excellent seamstress who works for her. 

The alterations lady, or seamstress we used was Diane.  She is absolutely awesome!!!  She is quite inexpensive, as well.  I got my dress cleaned, one spot re-sewn/reworked, my zipper fixed, a few hooks added to the zipper area, and my bustle done (she did a great job on the bustle, and made it so easy for my bridesmaids to figure out), all for $40.  She could have had it ready in a few days.  I waited a bit so I didn't have to store my dress at home.

My cousin, who is a bridesmaid, suggested Diane to me.  She fixed her dress as well, and she is very happy with the results.  My other bridesmaid loved her as well. 

Diane is super-sweet and is so easy to work with.  I would suggest her to anyone.

Also, if you're going to Greta's, ask to work with Dorothy.  She's so sweet, and she's extremely honest with you...

There was one thing that sucked about taking my dress to Greta's to get  the alterations done.  I bought my dress in Indy.  So, go get Diane to alter my dress, I had to pay Greta's $25 to bring in an 'outside' dress.  I would rather pay that and have someone who is highly recommended fix my dress.

Laughing
We're married!!! 12-12-09
Visit The Nest! Visit The Nest!

Re: South Bend Alterations Review

• ndirish07ndirish07 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I won't be getting alterations done in South Bend (my wedding is there but I live in Ohio), but I just wanted to say thanks so much for the South Bend area reviews!  I hope your day is perfect when it rolls around, and can't wait to see pictures/hear other reviews then!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards