Hawaii

Westin on Maui

Has anyone stayed here? We are going 6 nights in Maui (4 nights on the Big Island) and our t. agent suggested the Westin, Ocean Front.  She raved about it, but other travel sights were not so keen as much as she was.  Any thoughts? We like the location of the hotel.

Thanks!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Westin on Maui

• mauidandymauidandy member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We stayed there for 2 weeks during our wedding/honeymoon, and so did our guests. We LOVED it!!! I can't say enough good things about this hotel. It's bright, open, tropical, great service, the most amazing pools ever, the best beach location, close to Lahaina, and the beds are so very comfortable. There is a place in between the pools and the front desk check in with lots of tables and chairs, kind of like a lounge, and all of us would gather there in the morning and eat breakfast together. The drinks and apps at the restaurant near the pool are really great. If (hopefully when) we go back to visit Maui, we will definitely be staying at the Westin again.

Here is a view of the pools from our room (make sure to get an ocean view room on a top floor!)

andrea and ryan . june 2010 . maui.olowalu
    My Planning Bio
  • carrieoz_76carrieoz_76 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We didn't stay there, but spent a little time there waiting for our sunset sail to depart, and my H and I both observed that it was very very busy - lots of people, lots of kids (lots!).  While it looked really nice, we prefer a quieter, more relaxing setting, so it wouldn't be for us.  
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards