Wedding Photography and Videography Forum
Options

Quick Question On Photos at Christmas

Let me first say that I know this is not a life or death matter, I just wanted to get a general opinion:

My mom's been hounding me to get my wedding photo CD, because she wants to take it to put photos of us in her Christmas cards. I felt like it was more of my husband and I's place to send out photos of our wedding at Christmas, but she states that she won't be sending Christmas cards to the same people as I will. Undoubtably there will be some overlap, though this is hardly a big deal as I'm sure we'll choose different photos. Also, my mother wants to make photo books for my grandparents as Christmas presents. I DEFINITELY felt that this should be a gift from my husband and I, not my mother, and it was what I was planning on doing for Christmas, particularly as my mom's parents were not able to make it to our wedding (my nana suffers from advanced dementia and is unable to travel) and I wanted to have a way of letting them see our wedding.

This is not definitely not a big deal, I'm not getting hot and bothered and over reacting, though I am slighlty miffed about it, so I was just wondering what the norm was for everyone else - did your parents include your wedding photos in their Christmas cards? Did they distribute your photos as gifts, or was that something you did yourself?

Re: Quick Question On Photos at Christmas

• Options
    RailWayWifeRailWayWife member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    I would talk to your mom and tell her you were planning on giving your grandparents the photo books for Christmas. This seems like something that should come from you and your Husband.

As for the Christmas cards, It seems kinda flattering that she would want to put your wedding pictures on her Christmas cards. She must be very proud of you and want to show you guys off if she wants to put you on her Christmas cards. Since there is going to be over lap why dont you two sit down together, go through the pictures and each choose the ones you would like to use for your cards. Then you can gaurentee you wont both use the same photo.

Good Luck and Merry Christmas :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Tell her you were making an album for them as a gift. Maybe have her choose a photo she'd like to send out (like one of her with you and hubby, and your siblings if you have them) and that you'd send out one of just you and your hubby, something like that would be a good idea I think. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks all! Discussed it with her last night and she knows we're sending out the photobooks and has relinquished that, though we compromised - she's sending out photobooks to godparents and such (which is still kind awesome for me, cause there's only so many photobooks one can afford to buy, am I right?).

Once I'm back home for the holiday, we're going to go through the online site my photographers posted and figure out which one's she's sending so there's no overlap. :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards