Connecticut

BM dresses are in : /

So two of my BMs just went to pick up their dresses, and sent me the pics below. I was expecting the color to be more orange, and it looks pink. Now, I haven't seen them in person, but i'm very nervous. My colors are yellow and orange, and this dress looks more salmon than "european terracotta" :(

Re: BM dresses are in : /

• Mona8Mona8 member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Well,  first of all - the dress is really pretty! And I think the pinkish tint might be due to poor phone picture quality and the lighting. Try not to worry too much until you see them in person. Did your BMs say it looked pink?? Ask them if it's more orange or pink.
    GL! I hope it ends up being the right color!
    imageAnniversary
  • edited December 2011
    I agree with PP - it could be poor lighting quality....dressing room lighting is always kinda weird! If they still look too pinkish in person, maybe you can talk to your florist about adding some specific hues to the BM bouquets, to help bring out the orange tint in the color of the dress, and maybe tone down the pink tint. I know it sounds crazy but sometimes when you put a certain color next to another color, it changes it up a bit. hope this helps! They are very pretty dresses regardless of color :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Visit The Knot! Visit The Knot!
  • edited December 2011
    Definitely agree with PPs.  It could be the lighting and the poor phone quality.  I also agree with kfesta....adding certain flower hues could help to bring out the orange tint in the dress that you want.  Your girls look happy in the photos, so it can't be that bad!

And remember that at the end of the day, you will be married (YAY!) and you won't think twice about this :)

imageMoo Moo Kitten is resting... Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I agree with PPs, and if for some reason the dresses are a bit pink, I think pink will still work into your yellow and orange color theme and might actually be a nice compliment.  Don't stress too much until you see them in person though!
    imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Vanessa630Vanessa630 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://connecticut.weddings.com/Sites/weddings/Pages/main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_connecticut_bm-dresses-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:65Discussion:3f7750ad-afb5-463a-8a55-ec9fefb1c7dePost:b4dfe2d6-7b91-491c-b0aa-196c3149c225">Re: BM dresses are in : /</a>:
    [QUOTE]I agree with PPs, and if for some reason the dresses are a bit pink, I think pink will still work into your yellow and orange color theme and might actually be a nice compliment.  Don't stress too much until you see them in person though!
    Posted by akulaji[/QUOTE]

Ditto!  I think if the dress is pink, it might be a nice way to bring out your other colors and really make them pop.
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks for the support ladies - I think the dresses look pink b/c of poor picture quality and lighting - I saw them in person over the weekend and they look great - Phew!
  • edited December 2011
    Great news!  So glad everything worked out!
    imageMoo Moo Kitten is resting... Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards