DC

Local Dress Dry Cleaning and Preservation

Can anyone recommend a good dry cleaner in the DC Metro to clean my dress? I also want to have it perserved, so if they do both all the better. Thanks in advance for your help!

Re: Local Dress Dry Cleaning and Preservation

• mccann58mccann58 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I used Total Cleaners out of Ashburn.  I had never used them before but I liked that they would pick up and deliver as well.  My dress was so disgusting from wearing it at my backyard reception as well as the ceremony was on the beach so I don't think that helped.  It was almost completely black on the bottom 2 inches all the way around.  I didn't do the preservation, so I can't say anything about that part of their service, but as far as the dress coming clean ---it looked brand new when I got it back...which by the way, was in less than a week.  Also, one other thing to note is that they were great with communication, too.  Anytime I called and left a message, they always got back to me right away!  Lastly, based on research I had done online, I would say their cost wasn't too bad either.  For my dress that was chiffon with satin underneath with a train, it cost about $150. 
  • LoveKissLoveKiss member
    edited December 2011

My seamstress recommended Gowns Remembered in Crofton, MD for preservation.

• PrfctL7PrfctL7 member
    edited December 2011
    Ellie's Bridal in Alexandria does both
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards