Attire & Accessories Forum
Options

Menswear advice please!

Fiance is having a best man, his father, as his only groomsman. Does that mean the only men in the wedding who will need to coordinate menswear are father of the bride, best man, groom? We're doing khaki suits & ties. Is it best to have all 3 men buy new suits or rent them? I'm guessing I can't just ask them all to wear the khaki suits they have now bc they won't look cohesive? Clearly I have no idea about this menswear business etiquette! Help please :)

Re: Menswear advice please!

• Options
    I don't really know the etiquette surrouding this but I say just do whatever. I'd coordinate the best man and groom, then let the father of the bride wear what he would like? Who knows- someone out there might. I think because you are doing the khaki suits it makes it a little different. Most of the time they are all wearing black suits, so it looks coordinated when maybe it's really not.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Yes, only those 3 need to be coordinated.  Whether to buy or rent is up to you.  Will they ever wear them again?  If not, then don't buy the suits.
    September 2011 August Siggy Challenge- Drag Queens!! imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Why can't they just wear what they have already? They'll have boutonnières to set them apart as wedding party/family anyway. Our groomsmen (and the groom for that matter) are wearing suits they have already.
  • Options
    artbyallie--good point!I just didn't know if having them wear suits they already owned would appear disjointed and not look good in photos, etc. My dad might have a dark khaki suit and groom's father might have very light, linenish material or something. I just didn't know if that was something to try & avoid or not! Do all of your men have suits that coordinate to some degree whether it's color, cut, etc?
  • Options
    Well, the FOB isn't actually in the WP, so he doesn't need to be coordinated with the other two other than through formality.  So if your dad's suit is darker or lighter than his dad's, it's not really going to matter.
    This is a neglected planning bio.
    This is a belated married bio, with no reviews yet because I'm lazy.

Sometimes I feel like people think that brides are delicate little flower princesses who get all dressed up and pretty for one special moment of their dreams, when really they're just normal people who just happen to be getting married. Things shouldn't have to be sugar-coated for grown-ass women. -mstar284
  • Options
    My groom is wearing a light gray suit with a royal blue shirt and light blue tie, and we're asking the other guys to wear dark-colored suits with light blue shirts and dark blue ties. The suits I've seen so far are pretty much the same cut and either black or dark gray. My girls are in different shades of blue, so we're not terribly concerned with perfect matches.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards