Not Engaged Yet

Is it Friday yet?

Sorry, it took so long. Dealing with musicians makes me want to cry. Without further ado, your Thursday questions!

1) What is the most ridiculous thing that you are snobby about?

2) How many hours will Jeter's drive REALLY take?

3) What is BF/ FI/H most disgusting habit?

4) Do you cry when watching the Olympics?

5) What is your favorite SciFi movie?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Is it Friday yet?

• edited December 2011
    Haha too slow.  This is the Silver Medal poll.
    TTC since 07/11 Me: 32 AO PCOS/DH: 32 Lowish count/motility IUI#1-3 = BFN (Clomid, Clomid-->Femara, Injects) IVF#1 ER on 9/24 19 ER/19 M/9 F w/ICSI Transferred a 5AA and a 5BB on 9/29 Beta 10/9 = 139 Beta 10/11 = 287
    imageimageAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

My Blog

• Soon2BJeterSoon2BJeter member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Looks like we get a bonus today!  It's strange you both posted at the same time!

With my ex, I was REALLY snobby when it came to going to his parents house - they just were TERRIBLE at cleaning and they were hoarders.. I was definitly a snob when it came to that.

LOL!  Thats a good question... He's telling me 11 hours but I have a feeling I'll be speeding and make it in 9 :)

Hmm... he makes this disguisting noise when brushing his teeth.. like he is hacking up a lung EWWW!

I don't watch the olympics, but if I did I probably would - I cry watching just about anything!

E.T. of course!

• loopy82loopy82 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hmm.... I don't know. I am having a hard time thinking of something. I'll update if I think of something. - Does this work?- I refuse to go to wal-mart. I pretty much despise everything about it.

Well Jeter how do you drive? You said you are wanting to speed there. I will go with 10.

Biting his nails and then chewing on what he bit off.

Nope. I don't cry that easily.

I don't have one. Not much of a sci fi person. One new years eve I did spend it at a star wars marathon party. I fell asleep very early that night....
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • katanne9katanne9 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    hahaha! clam chowder, modern art, independent restaurants, and starbucks over DD.

Hahaha, I'm saying 14. The longest drive I've ever done was supposed to be 9 but was 12. 1 flat tire, and 1 car fire later I finally got to my freaking destination.

Thanks to his mom he's a bit of a clean freak/germphobe. But he doesn't brush his teeth first thing in the morning. He waits til he has had breakfast, which is too long I think.

Ugh YES. When the Johannie skated I was crying. Also the Tide commercials. I'm a major sap.

hmmm. does Gattica count?
  • PaigeMcCPaigeMcC member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Everyone here is all high and mighty/snobby that we have the best hockey players.  Sidney Crosby is from here and I try not to be like "Ohhhh we have Sidney" but sometimes I am.

I'm also snobby about people that are smelly.  It's okay to have a musk, but if you're stinky then do something about it!  I HATE stinky people. I will aviod people I know smell or look like they stink cause I HATE it!  TAKE A DAMN SHOWER!

Hopefully shorter than she thinks so I'm going to go with 10 ish

Leaving his sweaty gross undies and shorts on our bed when he's back from the gym...or leaving an ashtray by the bed.  THATS JUST WRONG!

Sometimes....I know...I'm sappy

None of the above.

"Popular on the internetz..."

Canada is kind of like a whole other world with new things to discover that us americans only dream of. - Narwhal
    Paige I would like to profess my love for you and your brilliant mind. - breezerb
    Murried Bio
  • edited December 2011
    1)       What is the most ridiculous thing that you are snobby about?Starbucks rather than making coffee at home. No matter what, it is not the same. I’m a big snob with purses- you can buy a good designer purse that will last you a lifetime. I'm not a braggy or showy person AT ALL but I like to brag about my wisdom teeth (or lack of). I wasn't born with wisdom teeth so I have never had the "pleasure" of having them or getting them removed. If wisdom teeth are mentioned, I always tell them "Well, I wouldn't know about wisdom teeth, I've never had them."

I was going to say 9 even before she posted! I WIN!

He picks his toenails rather than cutting them. The noise along makes me cringe

I haven’t watched the Olympics

I can’t think of one off hand, Sci-Fi isn’t really my genre.

imageimageimageimage
  • edited December 2011
    Hand washing. I don't think it's ridiculous, but people must wash their hands before they eat! (I think it's a given that most people will wash their hands after they go to the washroom, but when I am in public and I see someone not do it my jaw drops and I get the heebie jeebies!)

That depends on how much she wants to see him!

People might think this is OCD on my part, but I don't like it when he forgets to wash his hands before eating... Yes, he's a big boy and can look after himself and germs are very useful in developing and maintaing healthy immune systems... But: it's food! And your hands, and... Ugh...

No. I don't have cable. I watch some things on CTV online (Virtue/Moir gold medal ice dancing...pretty awesome!) but for the most part I rely on others to tell me what made them cry...

Tough. The original Star Wars trilogy was pretty good (and I watched it alot as a kid)... But I also really liked District 9 (that's SciFi right?) and Avatar (I think it's SciFi...)
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oh man katanne! I sure hope it doesn't take me that long and I definitly hope I don't have car trouble....!  Now I'm nervous!  Sounds like a hellish trip you had - car fire and all!

And I just have to say that I feel quite [rivileged that I'm part of the Thursday Questions.
  • edited December 2011
    Nothing consistently but when the mood strikes I can be insanely snobby about almost anything, it's kind of embarassing.

10 or 12 depending on how hard she's rocking out

He eats sunflower seeds, spits the seeds in a cup and then leaves the cup WHEREVER HE WANTS and sometimes he misses the cup and doesn't notice until I yell for stepping on a soggy seed

On occasion I cry during hockey

Santa and the martians
    image image image image 
    "but you're SO FUNNY, button! you're so funny i kind of want to crawl into your skin and wear it as my own. " - NarwhalYou, my dear, are the Queen of the Beebees. Here's a tiara - Oceana 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Ana_2985Ana_2985 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    "Philly" cheesesteaks and "philly" soft pretzels.  If you're not in Philadelphia it's not right.   Wawa over Sheetz.  And I'm snobby about people who are snobby about Macs.

9.5 hours.

I get annoyed/disgusted when he clears his throat a lot.  Just cough for fuucks sake.

Absolutely not.

Does Back to the Future count?
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • katanne9katanne9 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_friday-yet?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:82a50922-6b2b-4cd3-bd63-52698aed96e6Post:99b64c37-6397-48d7-944c-c3639b2624f7">Re: Is it Friday yet?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Oh man katanne! I sure hope it doesn't take me that long and I definitly hope I don't have car trouble....!  Now I'm nervous!  Sounds like a hellish trip you had - car fire and all! And I just have to say that I feel quite [ rivileged that I'm part of the Thursday Questions.
    Posted by Soon2BJeter[/QUOTE]

If it makes you feel better the car fire wasn't mine! But it sure did shut down the Jersey Pike for a while. It was the car RIGHT behind me! It burst into flames!!

But the flat tire was all mine. Ugh. And the last 3 hours I couldn't go over 55 bc I was on my donut.

Do you have Triple A (do people write this as AAA? I've never written this before)?
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Wow, I'm pretty certain if a car around me burst into flames that I'd pretty much have a heart attack. 

I'm pretty sure its AAA and no, I don't have it.  I guess I should have thought about that beforehand....

In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_friday-yet?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:82a50922-6b2b-4cd3-bd63-52698aed96e6Post:dcba410f-728a-4d00-9624-8fb0f7188321">Re: Is it Friday yet?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Is it Friday yet? : If it makes you feel better the car fire wasn't mine! But it sure did shut down the Jersey Pike for a while. It was the car RIGHT behind me! It burst into flames!! But the flat tire was all mine. Ugh. And the last 3 hours I couldn't go over 55 bc I was on my donut. Do you have Triple A (do people write this as AAA? I've never written this before)?
    Posted by katanne9[/QUOTE]
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_friday-yet?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:82a50922-6b2b-4cd3-bd63-52698aed96e6Post:f2d7ba99-937b-4376-aced-5ac30924c396">Re: Is it Friday yet?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Wow, I'm pretty certain if a car around me burst into flames that I'd pretty much have a heart attack.  I'm pretty sure its AAA and no, I don't have it.  I guess I should have thought about that beforehand.... In Response to Re: Is it Friday yet? :
    Posted by Soon2BJeter[/QUOTE]

Make sure your phone is charged and you have a car charger on you just in case you get a low battery and have to call someone.
    Don't get out of you car if you get stranded on the freeway, stay inside and wait for help.
    Keep your hands at 10 and 2 and no texting!!
    Don't miss you exit either!
    - WOAH! I think I just turned into my mother, LOL
    imageimageimageimage
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    *gulp* Yes M'am.  I promise to do all those things.  Hah.

Oh, and thanks for the reminder - I still need to go buy a car charger for my phone after work..  I would have TOTALLY forgotten about that.....

In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_friday-yet?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:82a50922-6b2b-4cd3-bd63-52698aed96e6Post:3cf621dd-987b-48bc-b731-4545cc7b6292">Re: Is it Friday yet?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Is it Friday yet? : Make sure your phone is charged and you have a car charger on you just in case you get a low battery and have to call someone. Don't get out of you car if you get stranded on the freeway, stay inside and wait for help. Keep your hands at 10 and 2 and no texting!! Don't miss you exit either! - WOAH! I think I just turned into my mother, LOL
    Posted by ekathleen684[/QUOTE]
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_friday-yet?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:82a50922-6b2b-4cd3-bd63-52698aed96e6Post:8bfbb82c-5981-4d36-a74c-691a0951debc">Re: Is it Friday yet?</a>:
    [QUOTE]1)        I'm not a braggy or showy person AT ALL but I like to brag about my wisdom teeth (or lack of). I wasn't born with wisdom teeth so I have never had the "pleasure" of having them or getting them removed. If wisdom teeth are mentioned, I always tell them "Well, I wouldn't know about wisdom teeth, I've never had them."

I don't have wisdom teeth either! My dad never had them and neither do I.

<strong>Meatballs. My mom makes amazing meatballs so whenever I get them I tend to dislike them. I've only had them at one restaurant that is acceptable.

</strong>2) How many hours will Jeter's drive REALLY take?
    <span style="font-weight:bold;">I'm going to go with 9.75.

</span>3) What is BF/ FI/H most disgusting habit?
    <span style="font-weight:bold;">Hmmm. He very rarely clips his toe nails. I don't know how he can stand it but they get SO long before I finally yell at him and make him cut them.

</span>4) Do you cry when watching the Olympics?
    <span style="font-weight:bold;">It doesn't take much to get me started. I haven't watched much but I think I've cried almost every time I have.

</span>5) What is your favorite SciFi movie?
    <span style="font-weight:bold;">Meh, not my kind of movie.</span>
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Well, as I was talking about in the previous Friday thread, I'm pretty snobby/weird about hand towels and dish towels. Also about how the bed is made, that's a big one.

She says 11 right? So, I'm going with 12, but I hope it's actually shorter :)

There's a few, like his dislike for soap (well, when washing his hands, he's generally very clean otherwise). But really, I just want him to use soap when he washes his hands. Rawr! He also still picks his nose, adding to the grossness that is the lack of soap.

Nope. I rarely cry when watching things on TV.

I can't really think of one...I never watch them (well, rarely, but I can't think of one off the top of my head).
    He pretty much had me at "hello".
    -- PS I agree with whatever Jeana said --
  • babybchbumbabybchbum member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    DD over Krispy Kreme, photography, shoes and my Vera Bradley

I'm saying 9 to 10. She seems really anxious to get there

He is a clean freak, but i'd have to say leaving the toilet seat up and not washing his hands before making dinner.

No, tears are for sissys... lol jk  I've just never found the Olympics something to cry about

ET
  • bajedivabajediva member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Tea at restaurants. i almost ALWAYS have hot tea before dinner, and i can almost ALWAYS guarantee i'll send it back 5 times because it's not hot enough.

i'll go with her 9, if she drives anything like me. i make it a point to always clock in under the projected time, makes me feel so good about myself.

hrmm...can't think of any. annoying habits? yes, disgusting? no.

Sometimes. like when you know that event means oh so much to someone competing, and you see their passion, and then they win, or then something goes wrong and they don't..sigh.

not really my genre, but the Star Trek movie rocked my freakin socks!!!
  • edited December 2011
    Change to
    #4: Went to bar last night an the womens hockey game was on.... I cried a bit, lol.

KD- My dad never had wisdom teeth either, I'm glad I got his genes in that department!
    imageimageimageimage
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_friday-yet?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:82a50922-6b2b-4cd3-bd63-52698aed96e6Post:91753d81-200b-49e5-ac7d-94be6a3d5d5a">Re: Is it Friday yet?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Change to #4: Went to bar last night an the womens hockey game was on.... I cried a bit, lol. KD- My dad never had wisdom teeth either, I'm glad I got his genes in that department!

I definitely got my dad's teeth. He never needed braces and neither did I. He has had tons of cavities and I've had about 10.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    ditto.. lol
    imageimageimageimage
  • edited December 2011
    My bedtime routine... see other thread for details.

10.5 is my guess.

Hmmm... he washes his hands much less than I think is appropriate... but I wash my hands a lot to his standard.

I haven't watched a bit of the Olympics... but I'm sure the ice skater from Canada and that story woud have made me cry.

Not into Sci-fi at all.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards