Connecticut

Confessions from Connecticut

Good morning ladies! 

I know I'm relatively new around here but I also know the weather SUCKS right now and I can't imagine anyone is in a fantastic mood (chalk it up to a lack of vitamin D).  I just responded to a "Confessions" post on one of the national boards and it made me feel a lot better so I'm posting it here too and hoping the "release" will make everyone's day a little less stressful!
 I am so frustrated with my mother (the MOB) because I think she thinks I have reverted back to being six years old.  I have been out of the house entirely since the moment I graduated college, and not only that, I have 5/6 years of catering experience where I worked at as BRIDAL ATTENDANT!  If anyone is going to know how to plan this dumb party, it's going to be me!  And she's asking me the stupidest questions and going to other people when she doesn't like the answers (bridesmaid, FMIL, fiancé).  She is supposed to come next weekend but I'm trying my best to push it off...I know it's awful.  Anyone else? 

Re: Confessions from Connecticut

• tannymcgeetannymcgee member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    i confess that my future mother in law is a little bit annoying.

she keeps complaining that we're getting married in hartford, which is "so far away." (she is trumbul, FI and I are in fairfield)  wtf, it's like 45 mins and half of our guest list is going to be flying in anyway.  there is a bridal show at our venue this sunday (society room) and she says to me, "we should go and make sure we still like it."  what the heck are you talking about?  i already booked the place and i LOVE IT! 

i know its really no big deal but whatever.
    Married 4/30/11
  • jenandcrisjenandcris member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I confess that after school, i'm supposed to head to Chelsea (by Boston) to meet up with my mom who flew all the way from OH... but I don't want to. It's rainy and oh-so-gloomy outside... I think i'm going to call my mom and set up a lunch date for Sat.
    Married in Boston, MA: Nov 8, 2013.
    Me: 27. Him: 30. DD: >1.
    Vow Renewal in Beavercreek, OH: July 1, 2017.
  • jmestylejmestyle member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I confess...we still owe $13000 to the venue and our wedding is in FOR months!
  • edited December 2011
    I confess....I'd rather pay a babysitter for my daughter for our wedding day than to let my sister-in-law watch her during the ceremony.

I hate her.  lol
  • edited December 2011
    I hope everyone is feeling better haha! 

Lauren - Get a sitter!  I hired two from sittercity.com for my reception.   
  • edited December 2011
    I confess that I regret ever asking my father and step mother for help even though they offered first. Now their ruining my wedding, almost dont want them to come. bummers
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • jennylove810jennylove810 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I confess that I'm afraid I'm getting swept up in the wedding madness.  The bridemonster in me is like "The invites must match the bridesmaid dresses which must match with the place settings at the reception which must match with the venue's decor," ahhhh!  And then rational Jenny steps in and slaps bridemonster Jenny... but it's a struggle not to lose my mind.
  • edited December 2011
    I confess that I'm decision handicapped - I still have plenty of time to make decisions (a year and a half), but we've looked at like 10 reception places, and i can't choose between one that might be a tighter squeeze but gives you the opportunity for a tasting, and a place that has plenty of room, but i've heard the food is so-so. I confess that I konw I'm supposed to be dieting and going to the gym, but haven't gone at all this week and instead choose to sleep.

Kinda lame, but it's all I've got.
  • katncrackkatncrack member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I confess that I looked at only one venue, booked it, met with only one photographer booked him....met only one of everything and my dress shopping was the same.  And it has made me happy. :)  I have a long distance move at the same time of the wedding and need my energy for that. :)
  • edited December 2011
    I confess that I'm not even sold on the idea of a wedding yet!  Granted I've been engaged for just over 2 weeks, but we'd be paying for everything ourselves right down to the dress and rehearsal dinner.  While technically we CAN afford it - and it would make our friends and family so happy - neither of us is sure we WANT to yet.  We have an idea of what it'd be like in our heads and it's that or bypassing the traditional wedding altogether for some unknown alternative.  Who knew it would be this confusing?!?!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards