Gay Weddings

HELP!!

I HAVE GOTTEN SO MANY IDEAS ABOUT DESTINATION WEDDINGS BEING THAT MY PARTNER AND I ARE FROM TEXAS. WE ARE WANTING TO HAVE A LEGAL WEDDING CEREMONY BUT SHE IS WANTING SOMEWHERE NOT TO FAR FROM TEXAS. WE BOTH DONT WANT OUR FAMILY TO HAVE THE EXCUSE OF IT BEING TO FAR. iF YOU HAVE ANY SUGGESTIONS PLEASE HELP. 

Re: HELP!!

• What a lot of couples in your situation do is to have a very small legal wedding ceremony (maybe even just the two of you at the courthouse) in a state in which it is legal, and then a much larger symbolic (or religious, if you belong to a religion that recognizes same-sex marriage) ceremony back home.  It's not ideal, but so long as most states won't recognize same-sex marriage, it may be the best you can do to include your family and friends.
  • thank you for your idea...i am still trying to wrap my head around the fact that all our friends and family wont be able to attend to a destination wedding. Its so hard to plan for bridesmaids when you dont even know if they will be able to be there. This really sucks but yes your right it may have to be an option. I was also thinking our parents and siblings fly to see us get married then leave on a cruise...idk
  • edited October 2012
    This is just an idea but why not have a ceremony and reception there so your family and friends are able to attend. After that, for your honeymoon go a state in which samesex marriage is allowed and make things legal. It may not be ideal, but it's a work around. My fiance and I are having our ceremony and reception in Southern NJ where we live but are going to NYC to make things official since It won't be legal here. Best of luck in whatever you decide and congrats!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards