May 2012 Weddings

DIY Bachelorette T Shirt - HELP

So my bach. party is 2/25...quickly approaching! There are like 11 people coming and I couldn't afford to order T-shirts online. So I was thinking about DIY'ing them... has anyone used the inkjet iron-on stuff? They aren't all bridesmaids, so I was wanting to do like a girl in a martini glass design...or something (we're doing dinner+drinks+drag). Has anyone done DIY shirts for their girls? I welcome any ideas (and pic.s!)

Additionally, anyone know where I can get cheap t-shirts or tanks that range in sizes between M - 2x?

Thanks Ladies! :)
Anniversary

Re: DIY Bachelorette T Shirt - HELP

• i've never done the iron-on, but i've wanted to try it, you'll have to update us on that.

i've found that Michael's prices on their t-shirts are cheaper than going to target/wal mart for them.  they're hanes or fruit of the loom or some brand like that.  plus you can use coupons too!  if you have a smart phone download the app and you can use the coupon on there over and over and over and over

good luck!
  • Target or Walmart for cheap shirts.  

I have used the iron-ons, and they worked well.  I didn't use them on a t-shirt though (it was for my sons valance when he was a baby).

• I'm not sure if I would do the t-shirts for the bach party (sorry!)

I've been to a few bach parties & most of the time girls get all dressed up to go out! I'd hate to have a dressy outfit on and then be told that I had to wear a t-shirt. Especially since I'd probably be wearing a dress for this type of event, that would look even weirder with a t-shirt over it. I'd reconsider this idea...it will save you time & money!

If you still want to do the t-shirts...I'd check out a craft store near you. They usually allow you to use coupons and I've seen decent sales on t-shirts too.
    imageimage
    Missing Our July Sparkler
    BFP-11/12/12, MMC 1/16/13-baby stopped growing @ 9wks, found out at 13wks, D&E 1/25/13 Anniversary]
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_may-2012-weddings_diy-bachelorette-t-shirt-help?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:f0ca0bc1-9255-4120-8042-b40e7f3e99c5Discussion:c539d29d-f122-4455-9f37-823e9755cdc7Post:30513e5d-e7b8-4ba6-b74b-f941ea1d1deb">Re: DIY Bachelorette T Shirt - HELP</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm not sure if I would do the t-shirts for the bach party (sorry!) I've been to a few bach parties & most of the time girls get all dressed up to go out! I'd hate to have a dressy outfit on and then be told that I had to wear a t-shirt.Posted by cpm1223[/QUOTE]

I was going to give them as "thanks for coming" gifts, not as "please wear for the event" gifts. I totally agree with you...I'll be in a dress too and would not want to change.  :)
    Anniversary
  • You can do Iron ons from the craft store or even use puff paint to write custom designs? Or even get those iron on rhinestone patterns?
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_may-2012-weddings_diy-bachelorette-t-shirt-help?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:f0ca0bc1-9255-4120-8042-b40e7f3e99c5Discussion:c539d29d-f122-4455-9f37-823e9755cdc7Post:9b19ffc9-3bb8-45c2-b3f1-69f1d662ff42">Re: DIY Bachelorette T Shirt - HELP</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: DIY Bachelorette T Shirt - HELP : I was going to give them as "thanks for coming" gifts, not as "please wear for the event" gifts. I totally agree with you...I'll be in a dress too and would not want to change.  :)
    Posted by S0095042[/QUOTE]

Ah-Ha! That makes a lot more sense now!

I've done iron-ons on t-shirts before and they seem to work great. Just make sure you have a good iron and don't use the steam on it.

I've done regular patch iron-ons and the ones that you print from your computer...both work well, just be sure to follow the directions carefully as far as how long to use the iron for (I've burned a few iron-ons before)
    imageimage
    Missing Our July Sparkler
    BFP-11/12/12, MMC 1/16/13-baby stopped growing @ 9wks, found out at 13wks, D&E 1/25/13 Anniversary]
  • I have done iron ons printed from the computer as well. For t-shirts and for onesies for my neice. They work well. Like PPs said just be sure to follow the directions.
    I would also print on plain paper first to make sure you have it exactly like you want.

Be sure to get the right iron ons based on what colour shirt you are using.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We had t-shirts for a bachelorette party I went to in July. They were cute fitted t-shirts that said "Abby's Last Fling Before the Ring" & said "Bridesmaid" on the back. We wore them with jeans & heels & we all still looked cute :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I have used the iron-on's for a Halloween costume before. I didn't have any trouble with them. They worked well.
  • i used the iron on from Michaels....pics in my bio...I bought my tanks from Old Navy...altogether it cost me about 25 for 8 shirts

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards