Iowa-Des Moines

Reception/Wedding Site STRESS

I'm looking for a location to have our ceremony and reception at the same place. I'd also prefer to find a place that I can use our own caterer. I was really interested in the Windsor Heights Community Center, but I left town for a week for work and came back and the every Saturday for the entire month of October 2012 has now been booked. I really had my hopes up about the Community Center and was going to try to go check it out this week, but those hopes were shot down quickly. Does anyone have other suggestions? I'm at a loss and don't even know where to start. I'm really not looking to spending a fortune just to rent a place. Thanks in advance! 

Re: Reception/Wedding Site STRESS

• medusia00medusia00 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Racoon River, or the teach out building. I'll have to look up that info for the teach out place if they are still renting.
    Sept 11, April Siggy, HM Picture!!
    On a Boat, with our Flippy-Floppies!
    Anniversary
    Want to see my Bio? PM Me!!
    Wifey Shenanigans & Day Zero
  • McsweetsMcsweets member
    edited December 2011
    Try Fort Des Moines.  It's sooo pretty especially the reflecting pool!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    I was told Hotel Fort DSM is going to be closed for the next two years for renovations when we went to take a tour. We really like the Zoo-- you can do both ceremony & reception-- though you can't use outside catering.
    edited December 2011
    Zoo is a great idea!!! Their catering I think is with Johnnys ... YUMMMMM
    edited December 2011
    Jester Park Lodge is really pretty too!  Many people have their ceremony outside on the patio!  Also check out Happy Apple Orchard -- it's really pretty right now too and I'm sure its big enough for both!
  • edited December 2011
    I'd recommend the Raccoon River Nature Lodge. There's an outdoor area where you could have a ceremony and then the inside lodge for the reception. Of course, only if you want an outdoor wedding. It's really pretty on the lake and the inside is really pretty too.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards