Texas-Houston

vendor RAVE!

here are my vendor reviews. i LOVED all my vendors and had no complaints!

The Woodlands Resort: A++++++++++++++++
I LOVE THIS PLACE. Everything was just GORGEOUS and the food was DELICIOUS. I am still getting compliments from my guests. I really cannot say enough good things. I worked with Heather as my coordinator and she made everything so easy and seamless. Both my ceremony and reception were here and everything was perfect. Beyond simply being my ceremony and reception location, the WR also provided all the linens, cakes, food, alcohol, hung all my pomanders, and decorated our exit vehicle. The WR made planning a wedding unbelievably easy and stress-free. And did I say that this place is BEAUTIFUL? This is the perfect place if you want an outdoor wedding!

Akil Bennett Photography: A++++++++++++++++++
Akil is so awesome! He shot our engagements, my bridals, and the wedding (along with a second shooter). He is easy to communicate with, creative, and got our pictures back to us very quickly! (We can already view them online and it hasn't even been a month!) I love his aesthetic, it really fit with how I wanted our photos to look. He also designed our photo guestbook! I am so glad I choose him because he really captured every special moment!

Harmony Strings: A++++++++++++++++++
Harmony strings did an AMAZING job! They have different options, and I chose the quartet for my ceremony and cocktail hour. With fairly short notice, they learned several songs for our wedding that were not listed on their repertoire!  They were very easy to communicate with, helping me decide which of my unusual songs would work for the traditional song points. And even with learning many new songs, everything sounded beautiful. It meant so much to have songs played that are special to my DH and I, not just the standard canon in D. My guests still compliment me on the music and loved guessing at what the songs were, "Did I hear the Cure and Coldplay?" My only regret is that I only heard the songs they played during the ceremony! I wish I could have heard more!!!!!

LG Entertainment: A++++

LG was great to work with! We came to the table already with a specific set list of songs and our DJ made the list work plus added a few things that fit with the genre (mostly indie, alternative rock). Our DJ kept the reception moving and we had a quite a few people dancing despite it being an afternoon reception. Steven also went along with my last dance song/trick, which was a hit! (We "rickrolled" our guests for the last dance.)

The Blooming Idea (Florist): A++++++++++++++++++++
The flowers were probably my favorite and most anticipated part of the wedding!! Being familiar with plants already, I had many ideas and Janice at the Blooming Idea was very patient with me, I can't even count how many meetings we had, but she accommodated all my ideas and always understood the vision that I was describing. I am in love with how everything came out! I could not have asked for anything more!

Hair by Liz: A+++++++++++++++++
Liz Day and her team are awesome! She and a make-up artist did my bridal party's hair and make up and WOW. I just loved it all! I had a few trials with Liz before the wedding to fine-tune my ideas, even though I ended up going with something completely different the day of. She is wonderful to work with and I would recommend her to anyone who wants air brush make up and to feel completely at ease on your wedding day! (And she's budget friendly too!)

Maison de Mode: A++++++++++++++++
I really want to scream at the rooftops and tell everyone about this place! Forget about the chains and bridal mega-stores! This is the place to find a breath-taking, designer dress without breaking the bank! I went to nearly every bridal store in Houston, and this was one of the few stores that still remembers how to treat a new bride when she is shopping for that special dress! I came in the first time without an appointment, with only thirty minutes to spare between other appointments, and they accommodated me without any hesitation. I came back in later that evening after all my other appointments because I knew that I found "the dress". Every experience with them has been great. Also: they have in house alterations as well as some lovely hair pieces and veils!

J.Crew: A+++++

I ordered the bridesmaid's dresses from J.Crew using the red phone in store at J.Crew in the Woodlands. I would really recommend ordering this way rather than online because you get free shipping plus also the help of the sales associates! I came in on a weekday when the store was empty and they helped me order the dresses for all my girls and we got the last three dresses in that style left in the country!! Because I told them it was for my wedding they overnight shipped the dresses and I got them the next day! I also got part of my bridesmaids gifts from here as well. I ordered their sweaters online when there was a sweater sale and I bought the belts in the store. My bridesmaids loved their dresses and have already told me that they will be re-wearing them for Easter!

The Men's Wearhouse: A+
Not really much to say about the tuxes. They looked great and fit the guys nicely! They had a nice selection and had what we were looking for!

Priscilla of Boston: A+
I ordred my bracelet from here. They have some gorgeous jewelry and a pretty large selection, albiet pricey. One thing to keep in mind though: everything you order from PoB will take 10 weeks -- so order early! I barely got mine in time for my bridals!

Various Etsy sellers: A++++++++++++++++
I ordered a lot of little things for my wedding from etsy which I would absolutely recommend! I got a lot of unique pieces that I would not have been able to find elsewhere. Every person I worked with got back to me quickly and sent things promptly. Some sellers even did things rushed for me, without a steep fee. I ordered my hair piece, garters, bridesmaid earrings, birds-nest cake topper, letterpress cards, and some of my pomander materials from here. If anyone wants specific seller info just let me know!

Re: vendor RAVE!

• edited December 2011
    I'm so glad that everything worked out so perfectly. I"ve def. got some wedding envy!
    Photobucket
  • EmF2011EmF2011 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Congrats..

em+lee
  • shelly0921shelly0921 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Glad to hear everything was so great Emily!!
  • icekitty37icekitty37 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    so great you had a good wedding experience! i'm a bit bummed your venue provided those linens, since i loved them so much!
  • STBMrsMartinSTBMrsMartin member
    Combo Breaker First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    That is awesome you had such great experiences!!
    Photobucket
    Our little miracle, Jett.
    Planning Bio,
    My Blog
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-houston_vendor-rave?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:121Discussion:282e8782-d394-4f95-ba6e-bec8b2937ecdPost:dbf4d701-6151-4907-b292-a580ca59341c">Re: vendor RAVE!</a>:
    [QUOTE]so great you had a good wedding experience! i'm a bit bummed your venue provided those linens, since i loved them so much!
    Posted by icekitty37[/QUOTE]

sorry!! maybe you can find similar linens somewhere else .. have you already picked out a linen company?
  • edited December 2011
    That's totally awesome!!!  Congrats Emily!  And since I'm still planning, your reviews definitely help a lot!  :D:D:D
  • icekitty37icekitty37 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    nope- totally hung up on the linens and flowers. no one seems to have a deep teal sash for chairs, and if they have nice table linens, they don't seem to have fitted chair covers.
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-houston_vendor-rave?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:121Discussion:282e8782-d394-4f95-ba6e-bec8b2937ecdPost:7a1b2e73-588a-47e0-997c-ee502b49bb9c">Re: vendor RAVE!</a>:
    [QUOTE]nope- totally hung up on the linens and flowers. no one seems to have a deep teal sash for chairs, and if they have nice table linens, they don't seem to have fitted chair covers.
    Posted by icekitty37[/QUOTE]

wish i could help with linens but to be honest, i know nothing about them.

what's holding you back with flowers though?? what kind of flowers are you looking for? who have you talked to?
  • edited December 2011
    Emily.and.will...just sent you a PM!  YGM!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards