Attire & Accessories Forum
Options

Bolero or no Bolero?

Ok, so I bought David's Bridal WG9828 (gonna try to post some pics here) and I LOVE it. But, I do have a slight acne problem on my shoulders & upper back. I've already made an appointment with a dermatologist this month, so it shouldn't be a problem come wedding day. I still would like a bolero though just in case some flare-ups occur. And, since everyone here seems to have great taste and good advice....bolero or no bolero?

I don't know if a lace bolero would be too much. My dress is an ivory satin. What do you think? Any suggestions?

Re: Bolero or no Bolero?

• Options
    hekate1384hekate1384 member
    First Comment
    edited September 2010
    Oh, and I am wearing my mother's ivory cathedral length veil. Preferably with this hairstyle, coming out from under my hair or from a comb in the center of the hairstyle....http://www.modelbride.com/content/005576.shtml

So, I don't know if a bolero would be too much.
  • Options
    I think a cap-sleeved bolero, or even a lace addition to the dress in the same style as a cap-sleeved bolero, would be beautiful. Anything longer sleeved would be overkill, though.
  • Options
    How are you wearing your hair and veil? I think that would help determine if you want to wear a bolero or not.
  • Options
    I am wearing my mom's cathedral length ivory veil and my hair will be like this: http://www.modelbride.com/content/005576.shtml

• Options
    opalsky007 - I definitely think something simple with cap sleeves is the way to go. I do have some lace on my dress (at the very top), and I wonder if a lace bolero would have to match the lace in my dress exactly.
  • Options
    I don't think it needs to match exactly. It's such a small detail, I doubt anyone would notice.
  • Options
    *tinkertoy**tinkertoy* member
    First Comment
    edited September 2010
    What about starting a skin care regimen for your back and shoulders now so no coverup will be necessary :)

I've heard great things about Neutrogenia Anti-Acne Body wash, you might also see about going to see a dermatologist. I have this great face wash from my derm with benzoylperoxide and have very few breakouts anymore.

Good luck!
  • Options

DB should have boleros that you can try on in the store.  I think one would look lovely with your dress, but it's hard to say which style would be best. 

See if you can go to the store, try on your dress (or the sample in your style), a veil similar to the one you'll be wearing, and just try on all the boleros you can!

image Final Count: 80 Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Thanks, everyone! I have made an appointment with my dermatologist and I am still looking for boleros just in case. The more I think about it, a wedding in Denver in October will be a little chilly.

I'll keep you posted! 

Tongue out
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards