Outdoor Weddings

EXTENDED FORECAST?

I thought I remembered a site that gave extended weather forecasts (ie: look today for weather in June)? Can't seem to find it and wondering if I imagined it? Please tell me I'm crazy or where to find it. TIA!

Re: EXTENDED FORECAST?

• I wouldn't put any stock in a weather prediction more than about 3-4 days out.  Really, your earliest good prediction will be about 48 hours out. 

However, you should be able to go to weather.com and check your location for average June temps and days of rainfall to get an idea of probability.  If you dont have an indoor backup, then I would make sure you have some kind of back-up tent rental plan just in case (have one or two companies identified to do short-notice rentals, and have the money budgeted). 
    DSC_9275
  • Actually, There is a (Farmers Almanac) that will give you an idea.  We are having an outdoor wedding in October and used this.  You can go to the site or you can buy the book its about $4 I think.  You can find it at Borders.  Farmers Almanac is your best bet , of course it is obviously a prediction, but it goes by weather patterns

Hope this helps you.
  • You can get forecasts 2 months out - http://www.almanac.com/weather/longrange

That said, I strongly caution you against putting too much faith in it.  I was checking regularly and it turned out to be totally inaccurate.  As pps have mentioned, 3-5 days out you get a better idea, and only more accuracy 36-48 hours out.
  • The almanac is your best bet. We have our wedding set to be in October with the ceremony being outdoors. Thankfully, its in the same location as our reception and they have a room we can use if weather isn't nice on the day of. Hopefully you have a similar arrangement.
  • The Weather Underground can give you historical rainfall, sunshine, and temperatures for your area.  The farmer's almanac also uses historical data (among some other things) to come up with their predictions.  If you look at the charts and graphs and see that it never or almost never rains around your wedding date, you're probably going to be fine.  Yes, you can never be sure 100%, but you can get a pretty good idea.
  • I wouldn't believe any extended forecasts but you can look at past years for your date to see what has occured then.  Try wunderground.com.  You can go back to 2005.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards