Indiana-Indianapolis

Valle Vista?

Hello, my fiance and I are going to look at Valle Vista Golf Course in Greenwood for our outdoor ceremony. The pictures I have seen on their website look beautful, and I have heard it is highly recommended. Any brides out there have any feedback on pricing, quality of the food, etc? Do they allow the cake to come from another vendor? We are hoping to have the rehearsal dinner as well as the ceremony and reception there to make it easier on our guests. Thanks!

Re: Valle Vista?

• edited December 2011
    We actually went to look at their space. Their prices are very reasonable for food and they don't charge for the renting the reception room. They do charge for the ceremony and extras like the horse and carriage. They don't have a food and beverage minimum per say, but do require a minimum headcount. Good luck!
  • bryler2012bryler2012 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I've had a couple meetings with them to discuss what I can do with the reception room to make it my own. You can bring your own cake in, but everything else has to come from them pretty much. I have a lot of little things that I want to do myself, which they will not allow so I will most likely not be using them. I don't know what you have planned as far as decorations and what not, but they acted like I was insulting them by wanting to add things to the room to make it more 'me'. Just a forewarning about that! Other than that they are nice and pictures would be breathtaking!! Good luck on your search!!
    Mrs. Jaynes Vacation Anniversary Pregnancy Ticker
  • angeltennis3angeltennis3 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

I went to a wedding at Valle Vista and I have to say I was not a fan at all of the ceremony place.  There are these poles that are in the way of a lot of the guests views.  I am not sure what time of the year your wedding is and if it could actually be in the lawn area...but where they held it was on that patio type thing.

The reception was nice - the food was nothing that stood out but it was good.  The service was good, too.  I wasn't too fond of the fact that it was like wedding central there.  There was a ceremony going on literally 15 minutes before the wedding I was attending.  I probably saw 3 different brides walking around the venue...it just didn't seem very special to me.

The only other thing you have to be careful of, is don't bring in flasks!  The guy sitting next to me had one and it got taken away.  I know there are legal issues but seriously?  We aren't in kindergarten anymore.  Tell him to put it away and move on!

I don't mean to bash anyone using Valle Vista.  I am just sharing my own experience.  Even at the most prestigious locations each experience is different :)

Tara & Eric September 2011 Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    My sister had her reception there a few years ago, and everything looked nice and the food was fine, but our bartender was horrible.  She would put less than a full shot in each drink, and if you asked for more, she wouldn't do it unless you tipped her.  She would say something like, "what are you gonna do for me?"  Everyone was drunk and having a good time by the end of the night anyway, but come on!  That is the only really negative thing I can remember, besides them not letting you bring in your own centerpieces or decorations or anything.
  • niliac37niliac37 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have to agree with angeltennis3.  I had a meeting with a coordinator there and it does feel VERY cookie cutter and like a wedding factory.  They have a lot of decorating options, but again, it felt very facotry-ish.  They do seem to have reasonable prices, but it seemed like you couldn't sway too much from how they traditionally set things up.  The coordinator was very nice and knowledgeable, the rest of the office staff I encountered was not the nicest or friendliest of people.  If you're looking for a pretty traditional wedding/reception, they would probably work out wonderfully for you.  I chose not to use them bc I wanted a little bit of a more unique feel. Best of luck to you!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards