Iowa-Des Moines
Options

Costa Rica Honeymoon?

We are thinking about going to Costa Rica for our honeymoon.  Has anyone been or known anyone who has been there?  Does anyone know if it is "safe" or where to stay at? 

Thanks!!!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Costa Rica Honeymoon?

• Options
    medusia00medusia00 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I haven't been there, do you know if there are any all-inclusive resorts you can stay in. I wish my sister still worked are her old job, she'd be able to look it all up for you :(
    I'll look at some stuff tonight and see if I can find anything, while I'm at work!
    Sept 11, April Siggy, HM Picture!!
    On a Boat, with our Flippy-Floppies!
    Anniversary
    Want to see my Bio? PM Me!!
    Wifey Shenanigans & Day Zero
  • Options
    McsweetsMcsweets member
    edited December 2011
    Thanks!!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I have been there more than once and so far that I know of, it's a safe place to be,there is no political turmoil going on. I am not sure if there is any all inclusive resort over there because the tourism industry is not developed as is in other countries around it, but they have good hotels. I stayed in the Four Seasons Resort & Spa.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Alright! I did some research! Here are a couple of links that you should go through.

This is a review of a persons honeymoon, they stayed in a couple of places, but they have reviews of everything with links.

http://www.tripadvisor.com/GoListDetail-i15914-Costa_Rican_Honeymoon_Heaven.html

This one looks like Costa Rica's website, but they do have FQA's and everything for trips.

http://www.anywherecostarica.com/hotels

I didn't find any all-inclusive, but it looks like they do have a lot of great hotels with different activities depending on what type of trip you want!
    HTH!!
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I have never been to Costa Rica, but I know a lot of people that have--it seems like a beautiful place for a honeymoon!  Relative to many Latin American countries, the political turmoil is virtually non-existent, especially in the touristy areas.  I'm sure you'd enjoy it!
  • Options
    McsweetsMcsweets member
    edited December 2011
    Thank you so much!!! I will look at all those links :)))))
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    :)
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Costa rica would be a great honeymoon spot. I think there are many all inclusive resorts. We stayed in San Jose, tortguera, la fortuna, and a mountain resort that I can't remember the name of. The people in costa rica are very friendly and it's very inexpensive to hire a tour guide. The only places that are really dangerous at all are the border towns. It shares borders with panama and nicaragua....lots of drug trafficking there. It's very peaceful. Costa rica is one of like 3 countries in the world that doesn't have a military. Tourism is their 2nd biggest industry behind coffee. if you want more info like specific names of places we stayed let me know. I'd be happy o dig out my stuff.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards