July 2012 Weddings
Options

Why July?

I'm just curious...what made everyone choose July?  Personally, I should have my masters for over a year by then so *hopefully* I will have a job in education which means I will have the summers off and can relax before AND after my wedding.  What about everyone else??

Re: Why July?

• Options
    I was raised by my Grandparents and unfortunately they passed away.  My Memere died in 2003 of leukemia and my Pepere in 2006 of heart disease.  They were my parents... It was very difficult at first for me to meet someone, fall in love and than get married knowing they would never meet him.  It was sad to me and still is knowing thy will not be at my wedding and my Pepere cannot give me away.  My fiance suggested we get married on their wedding anniversary, 7/22, so it will remember them and it will kind of be more like they are there.  Hence July... If not we probably would have gone for October.
  • Options
    We were planning for March of 2012, but It would be a week before my 21st birthday, so we changed it to July, so it will be nice outside, and are getting married at a local vineyard.
    Visit Vineyard.weddings.com
  • Options
    I graduate with my bachelor's in May of 2012, my FI coaches basketball and is busy with coaching the entire month of June, I will hopefully have a teaching job & have to go back to school in August (as will my FI, he is also going to be a teacher), so July was the only month left. I really wanted a fall wedding but it would have been extremely hectic with teaching so July it is :)
  • Options
    We first met on the 4th of July, so we consider that the anniversary of our relationship, & soon it will be our wedding anniversary as well.
  • Options
    We both wanted a summer wedding but know too many people with birthdays/anniversaries in August. We both graduate with our undergrads in May. We decided on July 7th 2012. I'm not sure if my FI picked this date because it was 7/7/2012. I suggested Friday the 13th but he wouldn't go for it :)
  • Options
    We met in July and thought it would be the only month to get married in.  Also we will finished with our schooling then.
  • Options
    My FI and I graduate with our undergrads in May 2012, and I go back to school for my masters in Aug so July was perfect for an outside wedding with time for a nice long honeymoon before going back to school. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    My fiance's and my birthdays are in July and in 2012 they both fall on Saturday's (his the 14th and mine the 21st) so we thought it would be fun to pick one of our birthdays and I chose his. It will be the ultimate present! Thus, 7.14.12
  • Options
    Well, my FI and I both have birthdays in July and we also started dating in July.  So it only seemed natural to pick a date in July.  An additional plus is that my nieces and nephews (whom I'm very close to) will not be in school yet, so it won't interferer with their activities.
  • Options
    I really wanted a Winter Wedding...but FI thought that because of the unpredictable winters in MI that we should opt for a summer wedding.  It will be easier for family to take the time off to be able to be there in the summer rather than in the winter!  I'm pretty excited about an outdoor wedding even though it will be warm!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards